On Going Updates to the site

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Re: On Going Updates to the site

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:45 pm IDK if it looks like this for everyone. But before, the threads were listed in order of the most recent post. The GDT keeps showing a number of topics down the list on my device, in spite of that being the thread that was most recently active.
This board doesn't clearly distinguish from the posts pinned at the top and the others. That's why it looks like the GDT is not at the top even when it's the most recent post. But if you look at the symbols to the left of the thread name you will see those at the top have a light bulb with an exclamation point inside. Those are the pinned threads (or "sticky" threads). Currently, there are 4 of them: Ongoing updates, 2013 Predictions, Other Games, and Departed.

Then all the other threads are listed by the most recent post. The symbol to their left is a circle with lines in it or with a flame in it for those with many posts. Excluding the pinned threads, the thread with the most recent post will be the first shown with a circle symbol instead of a lightbulb. So when the GDT had the most recent post but was several topics from the top, it was because the pinned (lightbulb) threads are always shown ahead of it.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Leyland 1948

Post by Leyland 1948 »

Dont post often but read the posts daily. Thanks for all that was done to keep this forum together!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bobster wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:08 pm
Surgnbuck wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:45 pm IDK if it looks like this for everyone. But before, the threads were listed in order of the most recent post. The GDT keeps showing a number of topics down the list on my device, in spite of that being the thread that was most recently active.
This board doesn't clearly distinguish from the posts pinned at the top and the others. That's why it looks like the GDT is not at the top even when it's the most recent post. But if you look at the symbols to the left of the thread name you will see those at the top have a light bulb with an exclamation point inside. Those are the pinned threads (or "sticky" threads). Currently, there are 4 of them: Ongoing updates, 2013 Predictions, Other Games, and Departed.

Then all the other threads are listed by the most recent post. The symbol to their left is a circle with lines in it or with a flame in it for those with many posts. Excluding the pinned threads, the thread with the most recent post will be the first shown with a circle symbol instead of a lightbulb. So when the GDT had the most recent post but was several topics from the top, it was because the pinned (lightbulb) threads are always shown ahead of it.
Okay, thank you for filling me in!
Doc

Post by Doc »

The site is much easier to read now that the yellow lettering has been replaced by the red. A big thanks to whoever it was to suggest this and got the ball rolling.
Javy

Post by Javy »

I second that comment about the topics being in red. Much easier for these failing eyes to see! Thanks Possum and Bobster!
Doc

Post by Doc »

I agree, Surge. It was easy in the past to keep track of the latest comments as the threads were constantly rearranged with the ones most recently commented in moving to the top of the page. It would be great if that system were resurrected.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:33 pm
I agree, Surge. It was easy in the past to keep track of the latest comments as the threads were constantly rearranged with the ones most recently commented in moving to the top of the page. It would be great if that system were resurrected.

There's no basement in the Alamo.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I am glad we switched to the new format. Yesterday the Mrs. said, "you
are always on that damn computer and that Pirate board " I said, "not so,
look I have only posted 75 times. I then showed her the number. She said,
"someone doesn't know how to count" :lol:
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:33 pm I am glad we switched to the new format. Yesterday the Mrs. said, "you
are always on that damn computer and that Pirate board " I said, "not so,
look I have only posted 75 times. I then showed her the number. She said,
"someone doesn't know how to count" :lol:
Not only would I still like to see first thread up is last post posted, but somehow get all of those posts placed back on WWD. I'm guessing Mrs. Wizard doesn't realize the post count starts at zero with a new name. Tsk, tsk, Wizard. It's not nice to fool Mother Wildwood.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Just saw this Surg. Mother Wildwood thanks you for the compliment and
that you have moved up on her list of distinguished individual