On Going Updates to the site

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Possum

On Going Updates to the site

Post by Possum »

I just talked to Alex the guy who is designing the site. Between Bobster and myself, we have asked him to change to light yellow color on the thread topic and such to dark red. I hope that makes OBN easier to read. Thanks, guys for your comments. The Admins appreciate it when you bring stuff like this to our attention.
Let's Go Bucs
Javy

Re: On Going Updates to the site

Post by Javy »

Good to hear. Thanks Possum.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Welcome back to the Pirate ship, Javy. Carol just said, "guess he didn't need me".
I said " no just dumb asses like me". :lol:
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Possum wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:52 pm I just talked to Alex the guy who is designing the site. Between Bobster and myself, we have asked him to change to light yellow color on the thread topic and such to dark red. I hope that makes OBN easier to read. Thanks, guys for your comments. The Admins appreciate it when you bring stuff like this to our attention.
Your name is now in dark red, Possum. That's a start. :D
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

I wonder if Alex can fix the time settings.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

This site doesn't have a line separating topics pinned to the top and the other topics. But it looks like you can differentiate by the icon under the word "Topics." Those pinned to the top shown a lightbulb. The rest show lines inside a circle.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

If anyone is noticing the time of day indicated for posts is way off (mine was), there's a fix.

Click on your username in the upper right and select "Profile" from the drop-down menu.

Then select "[Edit profile]"

Then select "Board preferences"

In "My timezone," mine was set to the first one "America/Anguilla." Open that window and select "America/New York.

Then click on "submit." That immediately changed mine to the correct time of day.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nice job, Bobster. Easy directions to follow for us technologically-challenged walking among the rest of you.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I second doc's sentiments, bobster. I was even able to do it. Very good instructions
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

IDK if it looks like this for everyone. But before, the threads were listed in order of the most recent post. The GDT keeps showing a number of topics down the list on my device, in spite of that being the thread that was most recently active.