Corey Dickerson DFA’d

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by dmetz »

And another thing... It's absolutely hysterically inaccurate to say "these are sorts of things the Pirates do everyear"

Trade for a 27hr .800+ OPS, all-star LF. Yeah, that's exactly how we roll in Pirateland lol. Give me a d@mned break..
SCBucco

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by SCBucco »

4F464E5F512B0 wrote: And another thing... It's absolutely hysterically inaccurate to say "these are sorts of things the Pirates do everyear"

Trade for a 27hr .800+ OPS, all-star LF.   Yeah, that's exactly how we roll in Pirateland lol.  Give me a d@mned break..

I'm on your side ... this is part of damage control.
Buccos1313

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by Buccos1313 »

515850414F350 wrote: And another thing... It's absolutely hysterically inaccurate to say "these are sorts of things the Pirates do everyear"

Trade for a 27hr .800+ OPS, all-star LF.   Yeah, that's exactly how we roll in Pirateland lol.  Give me a d@mned break..

Those players aren’t usually available for an expendable relief pitchers and a low level prospects. These are the exact moves the Pirates make.
Dmetz, you’re hatred for the front office has become quite tiresome, you with others take over every thread with it... give us a damn break.
UtahPirate

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by UtahPirate »

0E392F2F233F7D7F7D7F4C0 wrote: And another thing... It's absolutely hysterically inaccurate to say "these are sorts of things the Pirates do everyear"

Those players aren’t usually available for an expendable relief pitchers and a low level prospects.  These are the exact moves the Pirates make. 
Dmetz, you’re hatred for the front office has become quite tiresome, you with others take over every thread with it... give us a damn break.

Agreed. Bucs always wait to see who are the left overs. We just got a little better leftover than normal this year. NH stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum. Had this happened earlier through a trade, maybe fans could claim something.
Quail

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by Quail »

I'm no fan of the Pirates' ownership or front office. I firmly believe they richly deserve the criticism that they receive from all fronts, and I'd like to believe that the recent pressure exerted on them by players, media and fans influenced the making of the Dickerson deal, but I'm not convinced it has.

Following the money I find that the Pirates current payroll sits at about $77M-well within Nutting's comfort range of bottom 5 in the league. In the end the Dickerson trade is well within the confines of the parameter which motivates and determines everything that this FO does- money. I wish the dissatisfaction expressed by players and fans and echoed in the media was the reason for NH taking action in the form of a good baseball trade, but my wishing it doesn't make it so.
SammyKhalifa

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I think there's about a 0% chance that the FO suddenly changed and made trades because some employees said mean things about them.
mouse

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by mouse »

And don't forget, Dickerson was DFA'd. If Tampa Bay could have found a real trade for him they would have gone for it. This is exactly what NH said weeks ago (If we find someone in our price range, we'll add). They pick off the scrap heap.
dmetz

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by dmetz »

I'm not saying it's any sort of guarantee that the players and fans criticism lead to Dickerson being picked up.   He was stolen from Tampa, so that much is true.  I believe there's a chance that all the rabble rousing and especially the players challenging them publicly has jolted them.   

If that's true that there's a zero percent chance that it makes any difference what fans and players say and think, why do they take the time to do the interviews trying to explain their actions?

Also, if it makes no difference, why does the Pro-Org fraternity feel the need to close ranks and attack other fans who are critical and TRYING to do what they can to effect change?   If it doesn't make any difference, why play the pawn for the org?

who cares?
dmetz

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by dmetz »

764157575B4705070507340 wrote: And another thing... It's absolutely hysterically inaccurate to say "these are sorts of things the Pirates do everyear"

Those players aren’t usually available for an expendable relief pitchers and a low level prospects.  These are the exact moves the Pirates make. 

The first part is definitely true. 

As to the 2nd part
Well, that's going to happen.  I'm sorry if my opinion is tiresome to you. It's not always the same opinion, for example the last two moves he's made, I've given NH praise.

Feel free to ignore me, I guess.   To my knowledge, we've never been in a conversation together.

PMike

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by PMike »

78717968661C0 wrote: Yes pmike.  I'm serious.   They care, or they wouldn't have been going out of their way to damage control the situation when the players reported.

A business making a change after overwhelming feedback from their customers and employees...yeah wow, that's a first  ::)

I understand there's a VERY vocal minority of the blogosphere and fanbase that just want everyone to stop complaining, shut up and accept what we're given as fans.   Hell, there's almost a Twitter fraternity of "media" people and bloggers attacking fans.

Sorry you're not getting your way.   

When the FO makes decisions that you don't agree with, it is all their stupidity and cheapness.

When they make decisions that you are think are good, it is a result of your (and others complaining).

Bad decisions = Their fault
Good decisions = Your fault.

Got it.

See, I can take you out of context too. I love it when a person (me in this case) argues a perspective that isn't anti FO. When the argument has merit, there is inevitably some backhanded statement about being a FO lover. This time it's "to stop complaining, shut up and accept what we're given as fans."

Of course, I never suggested anything like that. And if you follow along with my posts, I actually have a quite varied perspective now and historically of the FO. I know that's not has fun as beating the same drum over...and over...and over again.