Corey Dickerson DFA’d

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Tampa desiginated for assignment Dickerson this evening. He was an All Star in 2017 and had a good productive season. He might be a good player for the Pirates to acquire while being designated. He could play left field and would fit well into the lineup.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

444849121B121A17100F15220 wrote: Tampa desiginated for assignment Dickerson this evening. He was an All Star in 2017 and had a good productive season. He might be a good player for the Pirates to acquire while being designated. He could play left field and would fit well into the lineup.

That's a strange move. He had a really good season in 2017. He would fit in age wise too. Would the Clemente Wall help his left-handed swing too?
fjk090852-7

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by fjk090852-7 »

777C74787D7C672224536A727B7C7C3D707C130 wrote: Tampa desiginated for assignment Dickerson this evening. He was an All Star in 2017 and had a good productive season. He might be a good player for the Pirates to acquire while being designated. He could play left field and would fit well into the lineup.

That's a strange move.  He had a really good season in 2017.  He would fit in age wise too.  Would the Clemente Wall help his left-handed swing too?
Another left handed hitter to challenge the Clemente Wall. Personally I would trade for him. This team needs a decent PR move right now.
Quail

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by Quail »

Surprised to see this! Dickerson is definitely someone the Pirates should be interested in. 28 years old, 27 HR/.815 OPS/5.95M salary for 2018.
CarolinaBucco

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This is yet another example of a non-move that will frustrate me to no end.

The fact that the Pirates are apparently completely satisfied with Frazier/Luplow/Nava/S-Rod in LF makes no sense to me.

And now Dickerson is sitting there available, and I'm sure the Pirates will NOT be the team to make a move ... even though he would clearly provide an affordable, reasonable UPGRADE.

It's almost like this franchise's plan is to not do anything.
SCBucco

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by SCBucco »

6240534E4D484F40635442424E210 wrote: This is yet another example of a non-move that will frustrate me to no end.

The fact that the Pirates are apparently completely satisfied with Frazier/Luplow/Nava/S-Rod in LF makes no sense to me.

And now Dickerson is sitting there available, and I'm sure the Pirates will NOT be the team to make a move ... even though he would clearly provide an affordable, reasonable UPGRADE.

It's almost like this franchise's plan is to not do anything.

Agree .. sadly. Strange move by Tampa. He would help us, but I guess Dickerson would take at bats away from Nava. He could provide something we don't have - a third outfielder; power and the ability to drive in runs.

Twins got Odorizzi. At least they are trying too.
Ecbucs

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by Ecbucs »

If the Bucs take on his 6 million salary they could get him for close to nothing.

Dickerson’s salary is not guaranteed since he is an arbitration-eligible player, so the Rays would only owe him 30 days’ worth of termination pay if he ends up being released after the 10-day DFA period. A team that claims Dickerson or works out a trade with the Rays during the next 10 days would take on his full $5.95MM salary.
Ecbucs

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by Ecbucs »

715756415747340 wrote: If the Bucs take on his 6 million salary they could get him for close to nothing.

Dickerson’s salary is not guaranteed since he is an arbitration-eligible player, so the Rays would only owe him 30 days’ worth of termination pay if he ends up being released after the 10-day DFA period.  A team that claims Dickerson or works out a trade with the Rays during the next 10 days would take on his full $5.95MM salary.

looks like a big upgrade to left field unless Luplow is ready to put up numbers like Dickerson even though Dickerson is high strike out, low walk type of hitter.
GermanTownship

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by GermanTownship »

Here's hoping the Pirates get him. If the club doesn't even attempt to make an offer, look out.
dmetz

Corey Dickerson DFA’d

Post by dmetz »

embarrassing move by the Rays.   They DFA'd Dickerson to save 3-4 million dollars in payroll?  Cron makes 3 himself, so it's only the difference being saved. 

The MLBPA needs to blow up these cheap owners and FO's not trying to win.

The fact that he was DFA's hugely increased the chances we will trade for him though, so that's good.   We love to trade for DFA'd guys, although granted most of the DFA'd guys we trade for would have cleared waivers and dickerson would assuredly not...It's possible the Rays were trying to trade him on not getting much action, so they DFA'ed him to put everybody on the clock and up the offers.

I'm pretty convinced there's collusion going on.   The owner's are suppressing Contracts this year in preparation for the huge 2019 offseason.