Official Game Thread - 6/2 - Bucs vs Cards

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

702630242B31212A273002252F232B2E6C21420 wrote: Palacios dropped foul ball cost Contreras three runs. Would have been a good catch, but he should have caught it.

Those are the happenings that I don’t know about as I follow the game on Gameday.  That stinks.

Was when Goldschmidt was up, I think. Ball down the RF line, he glanced at the wall and the ball bounced off his glove. Really should have been caught.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Hayes with a two out double. Let’s chip away at the lead by cashing him in.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Palacios HBP. Can Hedges get his second hit of the game?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Walker's single off Marcano's glove reminded me of Turner Ward's PH inside the park HR on 7/25/98 at TRS. Ward hit a hard bouncer that Braves SS Ozzie Guillen dove for and deflected, much as Marcano did. But Guillen got more of the ball and deflected it solidly into right center field where it became a bug on the rug on that artificial turf. CFer Andruw Jones had immediately charged to back up SS, and the ball was deflected behind him and kept rolling. Ward circled the bases for a HR. Baseball reference describes it as a "Home Run to CF (Line Drive to Deep SS-2B)."

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxe ... 7250.shtml
2drfischer@gmail.c

Hedges down on strikes. Onto the 5th, 5-0 Cardinals.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

So sick of having Hedges coming up with men on base and delivering a complete 0.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Rob OneVowel, in for Roansy, gets into and out of trouble in the 5th. Score still 5-0 Cards.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Other teams can come back from down 5-0. It doesn't happen often, but it DOES happen. But in all my years of watching the Pirates, I can't remember a single game where they overcame a big deficit. I'm sure it's happened. I guess there was that game when they scored seven in the bottom of the ninth. I think Giles hit a walk-off grand slam. But beyond that, I don't remember a decent-sized comeback from the Pirates.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Marcano starts the 5th by striking out.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Reynolds grounds out.