Bucs and Cards to play game at Williamsport

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

1E0327252B4E0 wrote:

Maybe.  Baseball is a fickle game, though.  All it took 4 years ago was one egregious call at home plate in the 18th inning to set things into a tail spin.

This just seems unnecessary.  Let the Phillies play that game.

Unnecessary, sure. But what isn't? All of this is unnecessary.

The team was more than set to go to Puerto Rico not too long ago, I can't see how a few hour bus ride should be such a big issue.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

If the Bucs are going to play a home game at a minor league park it should be with one of their affiliates.
LumberCo

Post by LumberCo »

don't like it at all.  think ESPN is ruining sports in a lot of ways, don't like the way they produce there stuff and hate there personalities.  if anything the little leaguer's should come the PNC for a real game.  now that would mean something.  total hog wash IMO
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

5F57546375507778160 wrote: One more piece of evidence further validating my claim that MLB really doesn't care about how many butts are in seats.  But they care very much about how many eyes are watching on TV.

Well, yes. They've been like that for years, which make the blackout restrictions ridiculous.
psuinpgh21

Post by psuinpgh21 »

The Williamsport minor league ballpark is terrible.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

4C7E72726654777E7376797E1F0 wrote: ..... The Pirates gain a national broadcast out of the deal and I'm sure will be compensated in some way by MLB. 

So the Pirates get season ticket revenue for a game that ST holders don't get AND they get revenue from MLB for playing the game....

Somebody is indeed making out pretty well here and it's not the ST holders. I don't begrudge the kids getting a game at my expense. I do disagree with the Pirates benefiting from my loss. Something is simply not right here; again....
sdimmick3

Post by sdimmick3 »

6B686E72756B7C73292A1B0 wrote: The Williamsport minor league ballpark is terrible.

I have had the privledge of playing college ball on that field.  Back in 1998 it was the best field I had ever played on.  They have done some upgrades since and it's a lot nicer.  Remember, it is the 3rd oldest minor league ball park in America.  While it doesn't compare to State College or Altoona, the field is pretty nice for a short season ball team. 
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

I had purchased a six-pack: 3 Yankee games in April and three Cardinal games in August. I switched the Cardinal Sunday game for the Thursday game after they called me. I have a 1000 mile round trip from Schenectady, so I am glad that there was a contiguous game.