Off Season

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Off Season

Post by GreenWeenie »

Getting two guys who are with the team from April until the end of July?

I'd say that it doesn't do much.

Like Anderson was, if they're good enough for other teams, then they're good enough to keep.
Surgnbuck

Off Season

Post by Surgnbuck »

0E3B2C2C271E2C2C27202C490 wrote: Getting two guys who are with the team from April until the end of July?

I'd say that it doesn't do much.

Like Anderson was, if they're good enough for other teams, then they're good enough to keep.
We agree here. Enough picking up scraps hoping to flip them. I was okay with the pawn shop approach this season. Next season, they need to keep their belongings.

I'm not confident they will get a couple decent starters. But if they do pick someone up off the scrap heap, make sure is usable garbage for the entire season. Another Cahill would be just as problematic.

There also is no pitching help on the way. They need guys to bridge, and I'm thinking at least two guys to sign to 2 year contracts, or they need to swap some vaunted prospects for some healthy pitchers with control.
GreenWeenie

Off Season

Post by GreenWeenie »

Sounds accurate and reasonable to me.

Gotta step up some, whether it's via internal improvements or acquired.  I won't quiver on the source. 
shedman

Off Season

Post by shedman »

The anticipation continues to build. The excitement is building to a frenzy. In only 18 more days, the Off Season will start!!!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

59424F4E474B442A0 wrote: The anticipation continues to build.  The excitement is building to a frenzy.  In only 18 more days, the Off Season will start!!!

Does this mean you’re looking forward to the amazing, creative ways Ben Cherington will improve the club for 2022? What made you suddenly become a fan of his?
Bobster21

Off Season

Post by Bobster21 »

273C313039353A540 wrote: The anticipation continues to build.  The excitement is building to a frenzy.  In only 18 more days, the Off Season will start!!!
All those off days coming up! Shelton will be in his glory.
shedman

Off Season

Post by shedman »

247264707F65757E736456717B777F7A3875160 wrote: The anticipation continues to build.  The excitement is building to a frenzy.  In only 18 more days, the Off Season will start!!!

Does this mean you’re looking forward to the amazing, creative ways Ben Cherington will improve the club for 2022?  What made you suddenly become a fan of his?
_______

As always, if Cherington makes a move to improve the team, I will rush to my keyboard to praise him.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season

7D666B6A636F600E0 wrote: The anticipation continues to build.  The excitement is building to a frenzy.  In only 18 more days, the Off Season will start!!!

Does this mean you’re looking forward to the amazing, creative ways Ben Cherington will improve the club for 2022?  What made you suddenly become a fan of his?
_______

As always, if Cherington makes a move to improve the team, I will rush to my keyboard to praise him.

What’s the over/under on how many times we’ll see you praising him?
shedman

Off Season

Post by shedman »

386E786C637969626F784A6D676B636624690A0 wrote: The anticipation continues to build.  The excitement is building to a frenzy.  In only 18 more days, the Off Season will start!!!

_______

_______

Depends upon how many times he improves the team.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season

3B202D2C252926480 wrote: The anticipation continues to build.  The excitement is building to a frenzy.  In only 18 more days, the Off Season will start!!!

_______

_______

Depends upon how many times he improves the team.

And I suppose that's left up to the distinguished (::)) panel, whomever that might be?