Spring Training

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Spring Training

Post by SammyKhalifa »

36372C3D2B6B6C580 wrote: I really believe a good trading partner with the Pirates is the Marlins. Sure Stanton is not a candidate to acquire,but there are other good players on that team who the Bucs should try to acquire since the Marlins are cutting salary.

Pirates might have to get in line

I would add, though, that maybe the Marlins are a cautionary tale for anyone thinks that at new owner/savior would necessarily come in and spend a team back into contention.

Yelich and Ozuna will be hot commodities for sure. They will both be extremely expensive to acquire. I have a feeling Cutch is gone. :'( His name is already being attached to several teams including the Angels.

I think I'd keep Yelich if I were them.

Then again . . . I'm not them, and it sounds like they're not going to keep much. 

If they do unload, I think it increases the chances of Cutch staying around next year. Supply/demand and all that.
Aaron

Spring Training

Post by Aaron »

Has Matt Hague hit any HRs yet?

How about Polanco? He's in the best shape of his life, right?

Did you all read the reports that Daniel Hudson worked really hard all off season and his new mechanics will yield tremendous results?

Also, Ivan Nova figured out what happened in the 2nd half and he fixed that problem.

When does the 2018 season predictions thread start? I smell championships!!
Quail

Spring Training

Post by Quail »

I knew I was smelling something, but I figured it was the tuna salad that's been sitting in the back of the fridge since the last ice age. :D
Bobster21

Spring Training

Post by Bobster21 »

0A2A3924254B0 wrote: Has Matt Hague hit any HRs yet?

Did you all read the reports that Daniel Hudson worked really hard all off season and his new mechanics will yield tremendous results?

Also, Ivan Nova figured out what happened in the 2nd half and he fixed that problem.

I think if they give Vogelsong one more try it'll really pay off this time. And Jaso still has a triple crown in him.
Aaron

Spring Training

Post by Aaron »

6B464B5A5D4C5B1B18290 wrote: Has Matt Hague hit any HRs yet?

I think if they give Vogelsong one more try it'll really pay off this time. And Jaso still has a triple crown in him.

I think we're on the same page, Bobster. We're just that close to the promised land.
DemDog

Spring Training

Post by DemDog »

I heard that Jimmy Anderson might want to get involved with his old team. As an assistant in charge of the clubhouse meal table. Let him get there first before and after games and help himself to the goodies. Won't be enough left for the team to consume too much of! ;D
Bobster21

Spring Training

Post by Bobster21 »

49686049626A0D0 wrote: I heard that Jimmy Anderson might want to get involved with his old team.  As an assistant in charge of the clubhouse meal table.  Let him get there first before and after games and help himself to the goodies.  Won't be enough left for the team to consume too much of!   ;D
He might even eat the table!
Jerseykc

Spring Training

Post by Jerseykc »

5777647978160 wrote: Has Matt Hague hit any HRs yet?

It wasn't too many years ago when we had guys saying "my man Nate"

6.3 WAR in his career

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... na01.shtml