Spring Training

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Spring Training

Post by mouse »

All right! Finally! Spring training is almost here. First game is Feb 23.

https://www.bucsdugout.com/2017/10/23/1 ... g-schedule
fjk090852-7

Spring Training

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Yes 4 months from yesterday will be initial spring training game. During these next four months I wonder what changes, if any will be made ? Will Cutch, Harrison and even Cole still be on the roster.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Spring Training

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Might be the biggest off season in a while to determine the direction of the team. I think it all rests on McCutchen and the plan with him. If he stays, so do the others. If he goes, could be a ripple effect. If he is extended, more help could (should) be brought in. Or they could go "all in" for one last year.
Leyland1948

Spring Training

Post by Leyland1948 »

Jeff Locke will be available!
fjk090852-7

Spring Training

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I really believe a good trading partner with the Pirates is the Marlins. Sure Stanton is not a candidate to acquire,but there are other good players on that team who the Bucs should try to acquire since the Marlins are cutting salary.
SammyKhalifa

Spring Training

Post by SammyKhalifa »

7A76772C252C24292E312B1C0 wrote: I really believe a good trading partner with the Pirates is the Marlins. Sure Stanton is not a candidate to acquire,but there are other good players on that team who the Bucs should try to acquire since the Marlins are cutting salary.

Pirates might have to get in line

I would add, though, that maybe the Marlins are a cautionary tale for anyone thinks that at new owner/savior would necessarily come in and spend a team back into contention.
thessy

Spring Training

Post by thessy »

61535F5F4B795A535E5B5453320 wrote:

I would add, though, that maybe the Marlins are a cautionary tale for anyone thinks that at new owner/savior would necessarily come in and spend a team back into contention.

I don't think it's as much believing that a new owner guarantees the team being in contention as it is believing that contention with the current owner is virtually impossible. At least the Marlins tried.
SammyKhalifa

Spring Training

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Understood, I guess more thinking about how people think a new owner will swoop in and unload his bank account.  I am not sure why new owners tend to unload everything but it seems to happen.
notes34

Spring Training

Post by notes34 »

1C2E22223604272E2326292E4F0 wrote: I really believe a good trading partner with the Pirates is the Marlins. Sure Stanton is not a candidate to acquire,but there are other good players on that team who the Bucs should try to acquire since the Marlins are cutting salary.

Pirates might have to get in line

Yelich and Ozuna will be hot commodities for sure. They will both be extremely expensive to acquire. I have a feeling Cutch is gone. :'( His name is already being attached to several teams including the Angels.
mouse

Spring Training

Post by mouse »

I don't see any way that Cutch remains with the team. There is too much risk that whatever value he has disappears next season. If he bats .240 in April and May, they get next to nothing. But then I also think they trade one of Harrison or Cervelli, so my judgment may be skewed.