We are back on!

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

We are back on!

Post by Ecbucs »

1A373A2B2C3D2A6A69580 wrote: How would we go about sending money to the WebHost guy?

It usually occurs at the end of the calendar year.  You send it to me and then I send it to Pirate Nut.  I will post the info closer to the time it is needed.  Thanks for asking.

And the perks of helping out, is you can say anything you want to Green Weenie and not get banned or suspended, right? ;) ;) ;)
We can't go that far, but you can say whatever you want to him in mime. We'll even provide instruction from the master of mime himself.  :D

he was great in Mel Brooks' Silent Movie: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ma ... &FORM=VIRE

GreenWeenie

We are back on!

Post by GreenWeenie »

142A2F27342C2C270722352671430 wrote: Welcome back everyone. Don't know what really happened.

Let's go bucs

I didn't know that it was a systems issue. I'd kick in some to help out. Is there a way to do it anonymously?

At any rate, no buts about it. The Bucs, at least to this point, have been anything other than a pushover.

I don't know what to make of it, and I'm not sure that I care as long as they're winning.

Must be that fantastic talent assembly combined with the superior managing that comes from assigning proper playing time distribution, giving players the rest they need, and the thought put into the batting order for each game.

Will this keep up? Nobody knows. I see no reason why it shouldn't. We might not win the desired number of games, but I would think that they should be tighter than what we've seen all too often. And, there's always the chance that we will win the desired number of games.

Being a Pirates fan means one thing. I won't concede the Pre-season Prediction Poll quite yet, but I'm glad that it doesn't look good for yours truly. ;)
Bobster21

We are back on!

Post by Bobster21 »

Just doing a little digging thru stats to see what the heck has gotten into our Buccos juggernaut. With 99 runs scored they are tied for 1st in the NL. Of course, 33 of those runs just came in a 3-game series at the Coors Field hitters' paradise. In the 8 games prior to that series, they had scored just 25 runs including being shut out twice.

But it must also be noted that the Rockies scored only 9 runs in that 3-game series, so Pirate pitching has been impressive. In the 16 games prior to the Coors Field series, the Pirates had scored 66 runs and given up 71. After 16 games in 2022, they had scored 57 runs and given up 85. After 19 games in 2022 (which did not include a Coors Field trip) they had scored 68 runs and given up 103. So even with the road trip to Colorado, the pitchers have given up 23 fewer runs than the same number of games in 2022.

9 consecutive quality starts including all 3 games at Coors! And while the pitching has been much better than in early 2022, there also seems to be a much needed change in DS/BC thinking. Last season they were the last team to get a win by a starting pitcher. Much of that reflected poor pitching but even the effective starters were being routinely pulled before completing 5 innings. It seemed to be one of their "We're smarter than everyone else" ideas that failed. This year, they're letting them pitch. That has to be a confidence booster as well as gaining more experience.

There's a long way to go and the batting averages that spiked in the Rockies series will return to Earth. But the pitching might be for real and it's getting a boost from a more sensible managerial approach.
SammyKhalifa

We are back on!

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah, I though SP would be our main problem. Don't hire me to run your fantasy teams.
DemDog

We are back on!

Post by DemDog »

073225252E1725252E2925400 wrote: Welcome back everyone. Don't know what really happened.

Let's go bucs

I didn't know that it was a systems issue.  I'd kick in some to help out.  [highlight]Is there a way to do it anonymously? 

[/highlight]

At any rate, no buts about it.  The Bucs, at least to this point, have been anything other than a pushover.

I don't know what to make of it, and I'm not sure that I care as long as they're winning.

Must be that fantastic talent assembly combined with the superior managing that comes from assigning proper playing time distribution, giving players the rest they need, and the thought put into the batting order for each game. 

Will this keep up?  Nobody knows.  I see no reason why it shouldn't.  We might not win the desired number of games, but I would think that they should be tighter than what we've seen all too often.  And, there's always the chance that we will win the desired number of games. 

Being a Pirates fan means one thing.  I won't concede the Pre-season Prediction Poll quite yet, but I'm glad that it doesn't look good for yours truly.  ;) 

All donations are anonymous Weenie. When it comes time to do that I will send you a PM on how to do it. Thanks
GreenWeenie

We are back on!

Post by GreenWeenie »

Nice. My checks have my personal info My online banking does, too. I'm glad that we have other methods.
DemDog

We are back on!

Post by DemDog »

566374747F4674747F7874110 wrote: Nice.  My checks have my personal info  My online banking does, too.  I'm glad that we have other methods.
Can you use PayPal? That is how we usually do things.
GreenWeenie

We are back on!

Post by GreenWeenie »

Sure.