Last Game At PNC Park

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by JollyRoger »

7D717875623E64797D7F647869222050777D100 wrote: Pennysaver Field
Borrowing on your idea of Pennysaver, I would go with Pennywise Park. Then he could use a clown as a mascot!
MJohnson

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by MJohnson »

0134232328112323282F23460 wrote: Every time the players union questions BOB's wicked ways, he gets defended by the commissioner's office.

BOB has the incentive not to win, and it looks to me that the incentive to compete for a championship isn't strong enough to make up the difference.

And to take that one step further, other owners, who spend, depend on post-season money and crowds that want a dominant team, so there's an incentive for other owners to keep the Pirates bad.  Nutting wins his $, Other teams just win, there's one more "flyover" team the MLB doesn't need to worry about, so it wins in the TV ratings, the only losers are us the fans.
GreenWeenie

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by GreenWeenie »

I understand what you mean and tend to agree, because "regular season succeess" is nice for me, but I want more.

We've had our excitement, though; thinking back to those three nice RS years, particularly following 20 terrible seasons.

This year? I think it's ridiculous that fans seem to be excited about some suspect being drafted at #1. That is an embarrassment, in my opinion. And, it won't help the team much....When it does, it will be at least another year. And, for only a few years.

No wonder we lose.

I dnk how anyone else feels, but as mad as I get, I at least have the Automatic Pirates Apology- an owner who won't spend money. Incompetence is harder to defend....and to admit to.

Living in the Philly/Baltimore region, those fans have it harder. They can't use money as an excuse, so they are much harder on their teams. Though, Orioles fans don't compare to Philadelphia fans when it comes to harshness.

Surgnbuck

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by Surgnbuck »

232F262B3C603A2723213A26377C7E0E29234E0 wrote: Pennysaver Field
The post of the year
DemDog

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by DemDog »

795F584D44485F49412A0 wrote: Pennysaver Field
The post of the year

[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]
Surgnbuck

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by Surgnbuck »

406566667358656D6F780A0 wrote: Pennysaver Field
Borrowing on your idea of Pennysaver, I would go with Pennywise Park. Then he could use a clown as a mascot!
You and Davis Square should team up! The Rowan and Martin of OBN!
GreenWeenie

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by GreenWeenie »

Rowan and Martin?

Good lord, how old ARE you, anyway? :))))
Surgnbuck

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by Surgnbuck »

7C495E5E556C5E5E55525E3B0 wrote: Rowan and Martin?

Good lord, how old ARE you, anyway?   :))))

In Greeny Years.....no where near as old as you ;D ;D ;D
fjk090852-7

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by fjk090852-7 »

163031263020530 wrote: This is the final regular season game at PNC Park, but could it be the final game which we know as PNC. I believe the Bucs and PNC had a 20 year naming rights agreement for the ballpark. Since the Bucs are closing out their twentieth season at baseballs best ballpark I assume some announcement will be made this offseason to rename the park, or PNC Bank will extend their agreement.

BOB's a busy man.  He'll try to kill two birds with one stone.  Don't put it past him to hold the city up for a new stadium.  That will make the team more competiive, yada, yada, yada. 

Seven Springs Park?  A little cross marketing if no one else comes through?
We have now entered a new year, and the Pirates and PNC Bank have not entered into an agreement to continue naming rights at PNC. I have heard that Miller Park in Milwaukee is getting a new name, American Family Field, but it seems there is nothing new on the naming rights at the best ballpark in America.
DemDog

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by DemDog »

343839626B626A67607F65520 wrote: This is the final regular season game at PNC Park, but could it be the final game which we know as PNC. I believe the Bucs and PNC had a 20 year naming rights agreement for the ballpark. Since the Bucs are closing out their twentieth season at baseballs best ballpark I assume some announcement will be made this offseason to rename the park, or PNC Bank will extend their agreement.

BOB's a busy man.  He'll try to kill two birds with one stone.  Don't put it past him to hold the city up for a new stadium.  That will make the team more competiive, yada, yada, yada. 

Seven Springs Park?  A little cross marketing if no one else comes through?
We have now entered a new year, and the Pirates and PNC Bank have not entered into an agreement to continue naming rights at PNC. I have heard that Miller Park in Milwaukee is getting a new name, American Family Field, but it seems there is nothing new on the naming rights at the best ballpark in America.

Sounds like BOB is becoming a victim of strategy like his own. PNC Bank is cutting advertising spending just like BOB is cutting MLB payroll. Serves him right. Why should PNC sponsor a loser like BOB?