Last Game At PNC Park

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by fjk090852-7 »

This is the final regular season game at PNC Park, but could it be the final game which we know as PNC. I believe the Bucs and PNC had a 20 year naming rights agreement for the ballpark. Since the Bucs are closing out their twentieth season at baseballs best ballpark I assume some announcement will be made this offseason to rename the park, or PNC Bank will extend their agreement.
BenM

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by BenM »

4844451E171E161B1C03192E0 wrote: This is the final regular season game at PNC Park, but could it be the final game which we know as PNC. I believe the Bucs and PNC had a 20 year naming rights agreement for the ballpark. Since the Bucs are closing out their twentieth season at baseballs best ballpark I assume some announcement will be made this offseason to rename the park, or PNC Bank will extend their agreement.

Dejan wrote about negotiations earlier this year. Kovacevic: Pirates, PNC miles apart on naming rights

JollyRoger

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by JollyRoger »

Right now, the Pirates have a 4-0lead.

After winning the last 2 games from the Cubs; their “lead” for the #1 pick has been reduced from a 4 game lead with 6 to play to a 2 game lead with 4 to play. It could be reduced to 1 game after today.

If they blow the #1 pick in the last week of the season then they truly are the Keystone bumblers and may have punted their chance to land a stud #1 pitcher in the draft.

I love the Bucs but for their future I will be rooting for a Cleveland sweep this weekend!
GreenWeenie

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by GreenWeenie »

777B7A2128212924233C26110 wrote: This is the final regular season game at PNC Park, but could it be the final game which we know as PNC. I believe the Bucs and PNC had a 20 year naming rights agreement for the ballpark. Since the Bucs are closing out their twentieth season at baseballs best ballpark I assume some announcement will be made this offseason to rename the park, or PNC Bank will extend their agreement.

BOB's a busy man. He'll try to kill two birds with one stone. Don't put it past him to hold the city up for a new stadium. That will make the team more competiive, yada, yada, yada.
Ecbucs

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by Ecbucs »

0E3B2C2C271E2C2C27202C490 wrote: This is the final regular season game at PNC Park, but could it be the final game which we know as PNC. I believe the Bucs and PNC had a 20 year naming rights agreement for the ballpark. Since the Bucs are closing out their twentieth season at baseballs best ballpark I assume some announcement will be made this offseason to rename the park, or PNC Bank will extend their agreement.

BOB's a busy man.  He'll try to kill two birds with one stone.  Don't put it past him to hold the city up for a new stadium.  That will make the team more competiive, yada, yada, yada. 

Seven Springs Park? A little cross marketing if no one else comes through?
maher.timothy20@gm

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Pennysaver Field
Bobster21

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by Bobster21 »

5D515855421E44595D5F445849020070575D300 wrote: Pennysaver Field
WINNER!!!
GreenWeenie

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by GreenWeenie »

What do you think?

No sponsorship deal = revenue lost.

Would BOB bail?
mouse

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by mouse »

I would like to see them impose revenue quotas for teams to reach before they get revenue sharing money (or reduced amounts for falling below the teams quota. Starve them out if they don't improve.
GreenWeenie

Last Game At PNC Park

Post by GreenWeenie »

Every time the players union questions BOB's wicked ways, he gets defended by the commissioner's office.

BOB has the incentive not to win, and it looks to me that the incentive to compete for a championship isn't strong enough to make up the difference.