Cutch Hitting .211

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

OrlandoMerced

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by OrlandoMerced »

The Pirates are unfortunately in sort of a limbo right now. I think losing McCutchen at the latest this offseason was the plan, but they were supposed to be anchored by Marte and Polanco. Now those two have large questions surrounding their long term potential. I think if they had complete confidence in those two for 2018. you could really do some bold moves, trade McCutchen at the deadline, then boost payroll for 2018 and make a run. Imagine how good Cozart would look on this team.
johnfluharty

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by johnfluharty »

162B3538373D36143C2B3A3C3D590 wrote: The Pirates are unfortunately in sort of a limbo right now.  I think losing McCutchen at the latest this offseason was the plan, but they were supposed to be anchored by Marte and Polanco.  Now those two have large questions surrounding their long term potential.  I think if they had complete confidence in those two for 2018. you could really do some bold moves, trade McCutchen at the deadline, then boost payroll for 2018 and make a run.  Imagine how good Cozart would look on this team.

Right, and Meadows, who is supposed to be McCutchen's replacement, may be out with yet another hamstring injury, so is he really a reliable replacement?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I say No Trade.

The Meadows injury hurts. I assume no matter what, he would have been McCutchen's replacement. Now, that is in jeopardy.

I hope the Pirates are at .500 come July 18th. Insert Marte in LF. Bring in some pitching, ride it out.

Try to sign McCutchen to a three or four year deal. I really have no idea what that would take. If you can't sign him or if he doesn't want to sign, then shop him in the off season.
notes34

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by notes34 »

4D464E4247465D181E695048414646074A46290 wrote: I say No Trade.

The Meadows injury hurts.  I assume no matter what, he would have been McCutchen's replacement.  Now, that is in jeopardy. 

I hope the Pirates are at .500 come July 18th.  Insert Marte in LF.  Bring in some pitching, ride it out.

Try to sign McCutchen to a three or four year deal.  I really have no idea what that would take.  If you can't sign him or if he doesn't want to sign, then shop him in the off season.  I agree no way you trade 22 at this deadline, wait until the offseason if you are going to make a deal or offer him an extension and move Polanco. (this is what I would do)
SammyKhalifa

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by SammyKhalifa »

51504B5A4C0C0B3F0 wrote: I say No Trade.

The Meadows injury hurts.  I assume no matter what, he would have been McCutchen's replacement.  Now, that is in jeopardy. 

I hope the Pirates are at .500 come July 18th.  Insert Marte in LF.  Bring in some pitching, ride it out.

Try to sign McCutchen to a three or four year deal.  I really have no idea what that would take.  If you can't sign him or if he doesn't want to sign, then shop him in the off season.  I agree no way you trade 22 at this deadline, wait until the offseason if you are going to make a deal or offer him an extension and move Polanco. (this is what I would do)

unless team goes into the tank for the next month.
dmetz

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dmetz »

What if I told you all that the team was already in the tank?

The first step is admitting there's a problem. We aren't good. We weren't good last year.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6E676F7E700A0 wrote: What if I told you all that the team was already in the tank?   

The first step is admitting there's a problem.  We aren't good.   We weren't good last year.   

48 divisional games left. The Marte factor comes into play too. I am not giving up just yet.
SammyKhalifa

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by SammyKhalifa »

242D25343A400 wrote: What if I told you all that the team was already in the tank?   

The first step is admitting there's a problem.  We aren't good.   We weren't good last year.   

But despite that the division is still somehow a possibility. 

"In the tank" means going on a long slide and being like 8-10 back come trade deadline.  Sticking close but not quite getting there will be bad for mental and team health. 

If we're like three back in a bad division in a month (not totally unrealistic), I can already hear the reaction if we started dealing pieces.  After all, one streak or even one series could make the difference.

Oh, and "not good" and "terrible" are two different things.  We weren't good last year.  Frankly I'd rather be terrible, but here we are.
BucAndEer

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by BucAndEer »

262D25292C2D367375023B232A2D2D6C212D420 wrote: I say No Trade.

Try to sign McCutchen to a three or four year deal.  I really have no idea what that would take.  If you can't sign him or if he doesn't want to sign, then shop him in the off season. 

I'm not trying to flame you or anything, I'm genuinely curious how the FO could shop McCutchen in the offseason when he's got the club option. In that case, do you mean the Pirates would exercise his club option for '18 and then immediately try to trade him?
notes34

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by notes34 »

1F283E1C333918382F5D0 wrote: I say No Trade.

Try to sign McCutchen to a three or four year deal.  I really have no idea what that would take.  If you can't sign him or if he doesn't want to sign, then shop him in the off season. 

I'm not trying to flame you or anything, I'm genuinely curious how the FO could shop McCutchen in the offseason when he's got the club option. In that case, do you mean the Pirates would exercise his club option for '18 and then immediately try to trade him?
I would think so year.