Cutch Hitting .211

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by skinnyhorse »

How much longer can Cutch and his .211 batting avg. hit 3rd in the order. I would move Frazier to that spot and have Cutch lead off. It might jump start him however I doubt it but him hitting 3rd is killing us. He could then concentrate on getting on base. Frazier is by far the best hitter on this team, and with him batting 3rd might actually score a couple of more runs.
Docjon49

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Docjon49 »

786062656572636479786E0B0 wrote: I would move Frazier to that spot and have Cutch lead off.
Sure, let's have Mario Mendoza lead off. Nothing could go wrong there, unless we'd like to win some games while we wait for Cutch to get his bat back.
Bobster21

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Bobster21 »

10080A0D0D1A0B0C111006630 wrote: How much longer can Cutch and his .211 batting avg. hit 3rd in the order.  I would move Frazier to that spot and have Cutch lead off.  It might jump start him however I doubt it but him hitting 3rd is killing us.  He could then concentrate on getting on base.   Frazier is by far the best hitter on this team, and with him batting 3rd might actually score a couple of more runs.
Frazier is an ideal leadoff hitter. Good BA, gets on base. But the #3 slot is hisorically for the team's best overall hitter in terms of combination of BA and power. It's an RBI spot assuming the first 2 batters get on base as they're supposed to. Frazier and Harrison are doing their jobs in front of Cutch but he's failing miserably at #3. Moving him to #1 is little better than batting the pitcher there right now. And putting Frazier at #3 removes him from the spot he's perfect for and puts him in a spot he's ill-suited for since he's not one for driving the ball and knocking in runs even if Harrison was getting aboard with 1 out after Cutch bats.

Cutch should bat low in the order until and unless he rebounds. Ideally 7th but no higher than 6th. No one on the team is well-suited for #3. But Freese would be better than Cutch right now. Or bat Bell #3 and Freese #4. Cervelli had a little spurt from late April to early May so maybe he could hit #2 and move Harrison to #3. It's all a matter of putting square pegs in round holes since Bell is the only one worthy of a 3, 4 or 5 slot. But Frazier's hits play well at #1 but wouldn't be enough to drive in runs at #3.
PMike

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by PMike »

032E23323524337370410 wrote: How much longer can Cutch and his .211 batting avg. hit 3rd in the order.  I would move Frazier to that spot and have Cutch lead off.  It might jump start him however I doubt it but him hitting 3rd is killing us.  He could then concentrate on getting on base.   Frazier is by far the best hitter on this team, and with him batting 3rd might actually score a couple of more runs.
Frazier is an ideal leadoff hitter. Good BA, gets on base. But the #3 slot is hisorically for the team's best overall hitter in terms of combination of BA and power. It's an RBI spot assuming the first 2 batters get on base as they're supposed to. Frazier and Harrison are doing their jobs in front of Cutch but he's failing miserably at #3. Moving him to #1 is little better than batting the pitcher there right now. And putting Frazier at #3 removes him from the spot he's perfect for and puts him in a spot he's ill-suited for since he's not one for driving the ball and knocking in runs even if Harrison was getting aboard with 1 out after Cutch bats.

Cutch should bat low in the order until and unless he rebounds. Ideally 7th but no higher than 6th. No one on the team is well-suited for #3. But Freese would be better than Cutch right now. Or bat Bell #3 and Freese #4. Cervelli had a little spurt from late April to early May so maybe he could hit #2 and move Harrison to #3. It's all a matter of putting square pegs in round holes since Bell is the only one worthy of a 3, 4 or 5 slot. But Frazier's hits play well at #1 but wouldn't be enough to drive in runs at #3.    

There was an article posted here recently about his high exit velocities and the poor correlating results. I was at the game on Thursday and he hit every ball really hard. Unfortunately, he only went 2-5. I haven't been able to watch every at bat recently, but I think he deserves a little better lately. I'm willing to give him a little rope at the moment.
fjk090852-7

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I like so many who post on this site cannot believe the decline during the past two years with Cutch's hitting ability. Notwithstanding his very poor batting average , he is still on pace to drive in 80 RBI and hit about 24 to 25 homers. Who knows whether all the RBI and home runs will come while he is a member of the Pirates or another MLB team.
johnfluharty

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by johnfluharty »

485571737D180 wrote: How much longer can Cutch and his .211 batting avg. hit 3rd in the order.  I would move Frazier to that spot and have Cutch lead off.  It might jump start him however I doubt it but him hitting 3rd is killing us.  He could then concentrate on getting on base.   Frazier is by far the best hitter on this team, and with him batting 3rd might actually score a couple of more runs.

There was an article posted here recently about his high exit velocities and the poor correlating results.  I was at the game on Thursday and he hit every ball really hard.  Unfortunately, he only went 2-5.  I haven't been able to watch every at bat recently, but I think he deserves a little better lately.  I'm willing to give him a little rope at the moment.

I agree. My experience from watching him on TV recently is similar to your in-person experience. He hits the ball hard more often than not.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I would hate to move Frazier and Harrison at the top of the order. That is the best thing going for this team's offense.

With Polanco out, here is my line up:

Frazier

Harrison

Freese

Bell

Cervelli

McCutchen

Jaso / Osuna

Mercer
mouse

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by mouse »

RBI's are in large part a function of opportunities, which he gets in the number 3 slot. If he batted seventh, someone else would be getting those opportunities and those RBI's. The big question is whether someone else would be getting even more RBI's from those same opportunities.
SammyKhalifa

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'll get booed soundly for this, but I kinda liked Bell batting second.
ScottinMass

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by ScottinMass »

353E363A3F3E256066112830393E3E7F323E510 wrote: I would hate to move Frazier and Harrison at the top of the order.  That is the best thing going for this team's offense.

With Polanco out, here is my line up:

Frazier

Harrison

Freese

Bell

Cervelli

McCutchen

Jaso / Osuna

Mercer

Mine wold be...

Frazier

Harrison