Cutch Hitting .211

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

notes34

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by notes34 »

5474677A7B150 wrote: Despite all the lies that came out of NH's mouth, he tried his best (and failed) to trade Cutch last offseason.

If Cutch continues to hit, NH will take the first respectable offer he can get. They're not going to miss an opportunity to get out from under Cutch's salary.

They can't wait to take that $14.75 mil and spread it around so they can add a few more Daniel Hudsons and John Jaso types.Yeah and I'm not sure I can stomach anymore. I put up with 20 years of losing but this somehow feels worse. We were close and now this FO will trade the face of the franchise to free up cash. 14.75M in todays game for a player like Cutch is a bargain. Unless they get an extreme overpay I am going to be disappointed.
johnfluharty

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by johnfluharty »

1737243938560 wrote: Despite all the lies that came out of NH's mouth, he tried his best (and failed) to trade Cutch last offseason.

If Cutch continues to hit, NH will take the first respectable offer he can get. They're not going to miss an opportunity to get out from under Cutch's salary.

They can't wait to take that $14.75 mil and spread it around so they can add a few more Daniel Hudsons and John Jaso types.

I think it will take quite a bit more than a 'respectable' offer for them to move him. I do think they will explore trades for both him and Cole this winter though.
johnfluharty

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by johnfluharty »

78796273652522160 wrote: Despite all the lies that came out of NH's mouth, he tried his best (and failed) to trade Cutch last offseason.

They can't wait to take that $14.75 mil and spread it around so they can add a few more Daniel Hudsons and John Jaso types.Yeah and I'm not sure I can stomach anymore. I put up with 20 years of losing but this somehow feels worse. We were close and now this FO will trade the face of the franchise to free up cash. 14.75M in todays game for a player like Cutch is a bargain. Unless they get an extreme overpay I am going to be disappointed.

Especially when you consider that Cervelli is making $10M.
johnfluharty

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by johnfluharty »

Suddenly noone is talking about McCutchen's defense. :)
BucAndEer

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by BucAndEer »

My two cents. If Cutch puts this team on his back and carries them out of the cellar and into contention for a division title in late July, there is no way they can trade him for prospects and sell it to the fan base as a legitimate baseball move.
Bobster21

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Bobster21 »

596E785A757F5E7E691B0 wrote: My two cents. If Cutch puts this team on his back and carries them out of the cellar and into contention for a division title in late July, there is no way they can trade him for prospects and sell it to the fan base as a legitimate baseball move.
Yes, but just watch them. ::)
Ecbucs

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Ecbucs »

210C01101706115152630 wrote: My two cents. If Cutch puts this team on his back and carries them out of the cellar and into contention for a division title in late July, there is no way they can trade him for prospects and sell it to the fan base as a legitimate baseball move.
Yes, but just watch them.  ::)

sentiment has no cash value.
ChitownBucco

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by ChitownBucco »

4B4E494F474D544940535558210 wrote: Suddenly noone is talking about McCutchen's defense.  :)

i'm in chicago and been busy, rarely seen them play the last few weeks

how has his defense been during his offensive tear? honestly
Tintin

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Tintin »

1E353429322A331F283E3E325D0 wrote: Suddenly noone is talking about McCutchen's defense.  :)

i'm in chicago and been busy, rarely seen them play the last few weeks

how has his defense been during his offensive tear? honestly

He's not good at it. Seems to take cautious routes. A little fence shy. Doesn't make that sliding knee slide very much anymore. He's not old Cutch but he's better than last year Cutch.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Wait, so now everyone wants to keep McCutchen?

I remember being laughed at when I said this last year. People were mad he wasn't traded to Washington not so long ago. People called Huntington greedy asking for so many players back or a top player ( Robles rumored).

Now, people don't want to trade him and will be mad if he is traded? And he is a bargain again? Wow!