8/4 Game Thread Vogelsong versus Braves...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

5F78696D68754A7E696868750C0 wrote: The Rock is ripping this team - not hustling, not smart.  Worst of all he accused the team of having an attitude of not caring. 

Said this entire road trip has made the team look bad. 

So what happened?  Why is this team suddenly laying down and quiting?   

It's not just this road trip, it's been since the all star break.  They played this disinterested in DC, they saw better pitching.

I got ripped for calling their play nonchalant.

So who should take the blame for all of this?? Is this mostly on Hurdle or just the players themselves?? Ill say this about Hurdle he has done an absolutely horrific job the last 2-3 weeks since the break with his in game decisions, and some of his stupid comments after the game trying to justify them. I said a few other times on here I like Clint as a motivator, a leader, and I think overall he is a good man of character, but his managing skills on the field are very poor more times then not and I question everyday moving forward more and more if he is the right guy to take this team to a championship moving forward.

This team is following Hurdle last night the Braves pinch hit a right handed hitter Francouer replacing a lefthanded hitter.  Hurdle's counter move (nothing) was to leave the young lefthander in to face Francouer and of course he gets a base hit and they go up 2 runs and the game is over.  The teams sees their leader Hurdle sit and not give the team the best chance to get out of a bad situation.  Sure enough Freese comes up and hits a homerun which would have tied the game and we wouldn't have seen Bastardo come in and give up 2 more runs.  Want more proof Braves righthander gives up a basehit and a walk Hurdle sends up Jaso Braves manager counters with a lefthander and Jaso grounds into a double play.  See the difference one manager plays the lefty to face a lefty the other leaves a lefty to face a righty.   I know it's all speculation but I'm telling you Hurdle is a problem.   
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

44797E64797E100 wrote: The Rock is ripping this team - not hustling, not smart.  Worst of all he accused the team of having an attitude of not caring. 

Said this entire road trip has made the team look bad. 

So what happened?  Why is this team suddenly laying down and quiting?   

It's not just this road trip, it's been since the all star break.  They played this disinterested in DC, they saw better pitching.

I got ripped for calling their play nonchalant.

I don't think that's accurate. The Pirates lost their first two games after the break to the Nationals and then won an 18 inning game. You don't play nonchalant for 18 innings. They won that game and six of nine after those first two losses. They started playing poorly and disinterested in concert with the reports that the Pirates would be sellers at the trade deadline and that has continued.