8/4 Game Thread Vogelsong versus Braves...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates get some more help today as the Cardinals lose to the Reds 7-0. So with a win tonight the Pirates have a shot to pull within 2 games of the 2nd wildcard spot coming home for 6 games starting tomorrow night. You have to take advantage of this and you cant lose a series to the worst team in baseball who has been flat out terrible at home this season. Hurdle better manage a little bit better tonight because last night he was simply not good enough in a lot of his decisions he made in a game the Pirates really needed to win.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

Tyrell Jenkns 20 walks in 29 IP this year. So you KNOW the Bucs will be swinging first pitch and early in counts to help hrs by out
Quail

Post by Quail »

Just want to say that although I don't have much faith in Ryan Vogelsong as a starter I'll be pulling hard for him tonight to have a great start in returning from his horrific injury. If there are baseball gods they really should grant him a 'W' in this one after what he went through.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

2229212D2829327771063F272E2929682529460 wrote: Day off tomorrow.  Can't be afraid to use the bullpen if Vogelsong gets in trouble.  There is no day off tomorrow so I don't know where that came from. But I do agree that this is a game where you better do what you need to do to win this game. You cannot lose a series to the Braves.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

1A3D2C282D300F3B2C2D2D30490 wrote: Day off tomorrow.  Can't be afraid to use the bullpen if Vogelsong gets in trouble.  There is no day off tomorrow so I don't know where that came from. But I do agree that this is a game where you better do what you need to do to win this game. You cannot lose a series to the Braves.

Crap, sorry.  I had my days confused.  Ha ha. I removed it.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

0E2A3E36335F0 wrote: Just want to say that although I don't have much faith in Ryan Vogelsong as a starter I'll be pulling hard for him tonight to have a great start in returning from his horrific injury. If there are baseball gods they really should grant him a 'W' in this one after what he went through.

Getting hit in the face with a Basball gods were good to AJ Burnett
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Moroff optioned to make room for Vogelsong. Boscan released to make room on 40-man roster.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Boscan released ? Really ?...Dumb move.Could of traded him for something.

Voggy will get us a win tonight .Dude knows time is short and i expect the best effort, he has had in years .

Bucs win a snoozer 4-1
RichD

Post by RichD »

Marte has 37 RBI are you freaking kidding me. That`s pathetic .

That has to the weakest .320 avg . in the game for a fulltime player ...RBI`s are the shite and he never gets them.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Game finally started. I wonder how Vogelsong will feel the first time he stands in the batter's box.