8/13 Game Thread...Cole Train versus Dodgers...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

Post by BenM »

The NL record for men LOB is 18.

We've got a shot at it!
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

After 6

14 runners left on base

1 for12 with runners in scoring position.

Bucs have nobody to blame but themselves.

The Dodgers tried to hand the game to the Bucs but to no avail!
BenM

Post by BenM »

7A5D5675380 wrote: The NL record for men LOB is 18.

We've got a shot at it!

Did it!
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

6D4A41622F0 wrote: The NL record for men LOB is 18.

We've got a shot at it!

Did it!

Yep! 18 LOB. Pathetic!
Quail

Post by Quail »

Well I was certainly wrong about expecting Cole to be on top of his game. He looked very hittable, and not anything like a #1 starter.

Really an exasperating game to watch. Lots of poor defense on display, and the most frustrating moment of the game for me was when Hurdle allowed Jaso to bat against Urias, a left-hand pitcher, with the bases loaded.  So Jaso gets to bat with an .063 BA against left-hand pitching this year and a career .169 mark. Really Clint? Of course all too predictably Jaso popped out.

Jaso's poor play at first had already been on display an inning earlier with his whiff on a catchable throw by Kang. In a game where the defense has been a problem this was a chance to improve the defense and get a right-hand hitter (Freese or SRod were available) into the game against Urias who was going to be the long man for the Dodgers.The next inning JHay pinch hits for Frazier in a move designed (I assume) to get a right-handed bat against the lefty Urias. Frazier who has 4 hits in 7 ABs against lefties this season has to go but Jaso gets to hit. Incredible.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Not a well managed game by Clint today with the use of Jaso. It's amazing how this guy continues to suck more and more and Hurdle just does not care and keeps playing him. Another blown opportunity by the Bucs today. Hopefully Miami loses tonight and we only lose a 1/2 game in the standings to the Cards and stay 1.5 back of the wildcard. Another big game tomorrow with Kuhl on the mound.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

So we have an early 3-1 lead ... and we have a total of 21 baserunners (21 !!) and we have Cole on the mound.

So of course we lose, 8-4.

It's hard to get more frustrating than that.

I was hoping this year that Cole would be one of those pitchers where you knew you'd get a W every 5 days. That is so critical for a team to be REALLY good. You know you're going to win when it's his turn.

Obviously Cole has not been nearly good enough to fill that role this year.

Very disappointing.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

311501090C600 wrote: Well I was certainly wrong about expecting Cole to be on top of his game. He looked very hittable, and not anything like a #1 starter.

Really an exasperating game to watch. Lots of poor defense on display, and the most frustrating moment of the game for me was when Hurdle allowed Jaso to bat against Urias, a left-hand pitcher, with the bases loaded.  So Jaso gets to bat with an .063 BA against left-hand pitching this year and a career .169 mark. Really Clint? Of course all too predictably Jaso popped out.

Jaso's poor play at first had already been on display an inning earlier with his whiff on a catchable throw by Kang. In a game where the defense has been a problem this was a chance to improve the defense and get a right-hand hitter (Freese or SRod were available) into the game against Urias who was going to be the long man for the Dodgers.The next inning JHay pinch hits for Frazier in a move designed (I assume) to get a right-handed bat against the lefty Urias. Frazier who has 4 hits in 7 ABs against lefties this season has to go but Jaso gets to hit. Incredible.
I posted when this happened and I agree 100 percent, Hurdle just absolutely makes no sense with his moves or non moves. This was when we had a chance to go back in the lead and Hurdle just sits and gives away a golden opportunity to win this game. The guy is so bad if I was NH I would walk down to the dugout and send him home right there. It's like he didn't care to win the game you think he's doing a Pete Rose and betting against his team.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

Nice to see Locke settling into his role. Good pair of innings