8/13 Game Thread...Cole Train versus Dodgers...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Alright time for Cole once again to show that he can be the ace of this pitching staff and go out there and pitch a strong game this afternoon. Brandon McCarthy has struggled a lot his last few starts for the Dodgers. So if the Pirates can get to him early like they did in the game last night you gotta like their chances with Cole on the mound.

Bucs have a chance to potentially move into a tie for the 2nd wildcard today. Let's hope the Cards and Marlins continue to struggle, and let's hope that the Mets and Rockies continue to fall apart like they have both done this past week or so and continue to drop further below the Pirates in the standings.
Quail

Post by Quail »

I'm expecting a top notch performance from Cole today. He's a California boy and should be extra motivated pitching in front of his homeys. I think too that the addition of Taillon (especially) and Kuhl to the rotation and their success should help to motivate/push Cole to be that #1 guy he's supposed to be.

Beat 'em Bucs!!
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

1733272F2A460 wrote: I'm expecting a top notch performance from Cole today. He's a California boy and should be extra motivated pitching in front of his homeys. I think too that the addition of Taillon (especially) and Kuhl to the rotation and their success should help to motivate/push Cole to be that #1 guy he's supposed to be.

Beat 'em Bucs!!

Agreed with all of this. But he does need to produce like and ACE; the Pirates need him to be great.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I didn't realize Cervelli has 0 HRs. Now would be great for his first.

Where are the fans? Stadium is empty.
rucker59@gmail.com

Like clock work - Cole gives up a lead off double....
BenM

Post by BenM »

This is not a very promising start.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Cole has not pitched like our ace this season. Four hits this first inning so far. Too many pitches are going to catch up with him later this game.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The Pirates had seven batters up with no hits and scored 1 run. The Dodgers had six batters up with four hits and scored 1 run.

Opposite first innings.
rucker59@gmail.com

A game the Pirates must win. They've scored 3. 3 runs have to be enough for Cole to win this game.

Bottom of 2nd and Coke gives up lead off single. And advances the baserunners to 2nd with a wild pitch.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Looking like another 5-inning outing for Cole ... if he can even make it that far.