Cutch Hitting .211

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Speedloader88

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Speedloader88 »

DMetz may be Mark Madden in pseudo but I actually agree with many of those observations. The problem is that they all are incongruent with the observations I make of Andrew in interviews and such. He exhibits humility in all articles and interviews so I don't see that matching with the observational prism that DMetz sees on the field and I have considered as I see the same behaviors and approaches. Confusing guy who broadcasts two different messages on and off the field.
mouse

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by mouse »

Personally, I would like to see him try to hit singles to right field. I think he got off track when Pedro left, thinking he had to be a home-run hitter. He really isn't. His game is a lot better with spreading the ball out and hitting gaps. Instead he's trying to pull everything and swinging for the seats. As for his glove, maybe Marte will get back sometime soon.
rucker59@gmail.com

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

785B4E4E4F47444A4F4E5913132B0 wrote: DMetz may be Mark Madden in pseudo but I actually agree with many of those observations.  The problem is that they all are incongruent with the observations I make of Andrew in interviews and such.  He exhibits humility in all articles and interviews so I don't see that matching with the observational prism that DMetz sees on the field and I have considered as I see the same behaviors and approaches.  Confusing guy who broadcasts two different messages on and off the field.

Whether he's selfish or not no one here knows. But Cutch definitely changed his game at the plate and On the bases.

And in the outfield, lets just say I hope Clint keeps both Cutch and Polanco on the bench today as well. I don't miss them. I liked the team yesterday better then I have in a long time.

Frankly, I think Marte brought a half-a$$ it attitude (he can be great and he can sleep) that infected our entire outfield. Just the facts Mame.

Bobster21

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Bobster21 »

6661777F7166212D547379757D783A777B79140 wrote: DMetz may be Mark Madden in pseudo but I actually agree with many of those observations.  The problem is that they all are incongruent with the observations I make of Andrew in interviews and such.  He exhibits humility in all articles and interviews so I don't see that matching with the observational prism that DMetz sees on the field and I have considered as I see the same behaviors and approaches.  Confusing guy who broadcasts two different messages on and off the field.

Whether he's selfish or not no one here knows.  But Cutch definitely changed his game at the plate and On the bases. 

And in the outfield, lets just say I hope Clint keeps both Cutch and Polanco on the bench today as well. I don't miss them.  I liked the team yesterday better then I have in a long time.

Frankly, I think Marte brought a half-a$$ it attitude (he can be great and he can sleep) that infected our entire outfield.  Just the facts Mame.    

I always suspected that when Cutch was doing great but having a few injuries, his base stealing efforts were curtailed by Hurdle/NH. If so, that policy seems to have changed this year as they see the risk of a an injury to the unproductive Cutch wouldn't hurt the team much. He's got 5 SBs now and had 6 all of last year.
sdimmick3

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by sdimmick3 »

yes, I feel bad for the guy, but...

he makes $14million a year, show boats some, and has regressed so much they moved him to RF. Now the bat is still regressing. He's got to step up and demand a move down in the order. He's the captain of this team, he should set an example. I agree, you don't just bench him because, but you have to shake it up. If the entire world can tell he's lost a step, he's got to come to the realization that he's has in his mind also and accept batting lower in the order or playing RF.

with kang and marte out, moving him out of 3rd makes it harder and the same with CF. There is a lot of pressure put on him to perform with those two out....wasn't it last year he sat out the Atlanta series and came back to hit well? Lets see what he does this time?
NJBucsFan

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by NJBucsFan »

Looks like he's hitting #6 today.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I think he should give permission to Hurdle to shuffle the line up, but it still isn't up to him. Hurdle needs to step up and do his job too and make a move best for the team.

I don't know if McCutchen is the Captain or a Captain of the team. He is (was) the best player and people assume he is the Captain, but that doesn't mean it is true. Burnett an dMartin when here looked like more of a Captain on TV and in interviews.

I think McCutchen should bat 6th especially when Polanco comes back. McCutchen is still one of the best outfielders on the team, no reason to bench him. I know, pretty sad, huh?
SammyKhalifa

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by SammyKhalifa »

"Andrew McCutchen dropped to sixth in Pirates lineup for series opener vs. Mets"

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pira ... 1705260306

1. Adam Frazier (L) LF

2. Josh Harrison 2B

3. Josh Bell (S) 1B

4. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

5. David Freese 3B

6. Andrew McCutchen CF

7. Francisco Cervelli C

8. Jordy Mercer SS

9. Chad Kuhl RHP

it's actually starting to look like a lineup again
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

McCutchen is reported in saying: a different look and a little less pressure to produce will be a good thing while he gets on track. He is excited about the move and it could give him a jump start at the plate.

I hope he knows he still has to produce in the 6th spot too.

ChitownBucco

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by ChitownBucco »

7D767E7277766D282E596078717676377A76190 wrote: McCutchen is reported in saying: a different look and a little less pressure to produce will be a good thing while he gets on track.  He is excited about the move and it could give him a jump start at the plate.

I hope he knows he still has to produce in the 6th spot too.

Yeah

I bet he doesn't want to hit or "produce"