Re: Official Game Thread - 7/31 - Phillies vs. Pirates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Javy

Post by Javy »

Surg,

Is that a new Hawaiian style shirt that is selling in Pittsburgh? Or some group thing where everyone got the same shirt.

They seemed to be all over the park.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

654E59562F0 wrote: Surg,

Is that a new Hawaiian style shirt that is selling in Pittsburgh? Or some group thing where everyone got the same shirt.

That was their promotion tonight.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Another stellar postgame interview by Robbie Idontunderstandbaseball. Reynolds starts the inning with a hustling double, smartly goes to 3B on a ball hit to the third baseman and wins the game with a good slide home on a routine 70 foot ground ball to 3B by Stallings. But all Robbie got out of that was that Stallings won the game on a walk-off. So Robbie is all excited asking Stallings about his mind set in the batters box in a walk off situation. Stallings smiles and explains to him that the credit belongs to Reynolds for that play. Why is Robbie still working there? Doesn't some Walmart need a greeter?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

406D60717667703033020 wrote: Another stellar postgame interview by Robbie Idontunderstandbaseball. Reynolds starts the inning with a hustling double, smartly goes to 3B on a ball hit to the third baseman and wins the game with a good slide home on a routine 70 foot ground ball to 3B by Stallings. But all Robbie got out of that was that Stallings won the game on a walk-off. So Robbie is all excited asking Stallings about his mind set in the batters box in a walk off situation. Stallings smiles and explains to him that the credit belongs to Reynolds for that play. Why is Robbie still working there? Doesn't some Walmart need a greeter?
must be related to Bob
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

WildwoodDave's birthday gift is on track!!!

A sweep of the Phillies would be a great gift!!!!!
Javy

Post by Javy »

163037222B2730262E450 wrote: Surg,

Thanks. Promotion never crossed my mind. Interesting item!
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

73647262272126202628110 wrote: WildwoodDave's birthday gift is on track!!!

A sweep of the Phillies would be a great gift!!!!!
Don't get your hopes up seems Shelton is satisfied with 2 of 3, don't want to get to serious about winning, it might get the fans to emotional.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

153E29265F0 wrote: Surg,

Thanks. Promotion never crossed my mind. Interesting item!

I think it's going to stay an annual thing. I know they did it in 2019, it was real popular, people kept wearing them more everywhere since, over the t-shirts they give on Fridays.

I watched the mlb tv replay of last nights game. I watched the Phillies broadcast. On the opening scene of fans coming through the gates, they were using footage from Friday night, because they were handing out the t-shirts. The announcers didn't know any better, they were in Philly. I had a chuckle over that