2. Ke'Bryan Hayes (R) 3B

3. Bryan Reynolds (S) CF

4. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

5. John Nogowski (R) 1B

6. Jacob Stallings (R) C

7. Rodolfo Castro (S) 2B

8. Kevin Newman (R) SS

9. JT Brubaker (R) P
Wow, same lineup as last night. That's strange.Let's see what they do against Nola. He ain't no Vince Velasquez
2drfischer@gmail.c

Re: Official Game Thread - 7/31 - Phillies vs. Pirates

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I see that Hoy Jun Park is on the 25-man roster so I assume he’s with the club. Why isn’t he playing in RF instead of Polanco? I don’t get it. BC added a few players this week who can play right now. So why is time being wasted on Polanco?
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

005640545B41515A574072555F535B5E1C51320 wrote: I see that Hoy Jun Park is on the 25-man roster so I assume he’s with the club.  Why isn’t he playing in RF instead of Polanco?  I don’t get it.  BC added a few players this week who can play right now.  So why is time being wasted on Polanco?

They seem to have a habit of bringing someone up for the first time and not playing him on the first day, maybe to just let him get acclimated by sitting the bench for one game.  Not sure it's really needed. Plus, Polanco is hitting 286 in July so they're not going to stop playing him.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

2F796F7B746E7E75786F5D7A707C7471337E1D0 wrote: I see that Hoy Jun Park is on the 25-man roster so I assume he’s with the club.  Why isn’t he playing in RF instead of Polanco?  I don’t get it.  BC added a few players this week who can play right now.  So why is time being wasted on Polanco?
Brubaker- 8.23 ERA in JulY
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

HERE is a pitcher who's mediocre.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

6C696E68606A736E6774727F060 wrote: I see that Hoy Jun Park is on the 25-man roster so I assume he’s with the club.  Why isn’t he playing in RF instead of Polanco?  I don’t get it.  BC added a few players this week who can play right now.  So why is time being wasted on Polanco?

They seem to have a habit of bringing someone up for the first time and not playing him on the first day, maybe to just let him get acclimated by sitting the bench for one game.  Not sure it's really needed. Plus, Polanco is hitting 286 in July so they're not going to stop playing him.

But Polanco’s not the future. It wouldn’t matter to me if he were hitting .486 in July, he’s not going to be here next year. I get wanting to win games, but giving players who are going to be here an opportunity to get acclimated to Major League Baseball during a lost season should take precedence.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

A nice cheer for Cutch as he comes to bat. He then proceeds to K on 4 pitches with a called K for the K.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Oh my God! Nogo makes a nice play at 1st and McKenry says he moves like a Puma! [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif]
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Greg Brown said the plan is to pitch Brubaker fewer and fewer innings the rest of the way. I realize they are concerned about the limited innings last year in the short season. But next year they will again be faced with the situation where the pitchers pitched fewer innings than normal despite the full schedule. How many years will it take to get their pitchers up to speed?

Not everyone in MLB seems to share the level of the Pirates' concern. Brubaker is only 69th in MLB in innings with 96. 18 pitchers are at 121 or more innings. Anderson had 103 before being traded and no other Pirate has more than 71. So this year the innings are limited because of last year's short season and I guess next year the innings will be limited because of the reduced number of innings pitched this year.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

73525A735850370 wrote: Oh my God!  Nogo makes a nice play at 1st and McKenry says he moves like a Puma!   [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif]
McKenry is always trying to be cute and come up with nicknames.