8/4 Game Thread Vogelsong versus Braves...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

KLBuccos

Post by KLBuccos »

Just my thoughts. Have to be realistic. If we cannot win a series against the worst team in baseball, the we have to forget the playoffs.

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

On this 6 game road trip to Mighty Milwaukee and Awesome Atlanta; the Pirates put up a total of 17 runs and 31 hits. That averages out to 2.8 runs per game on 5.1 hits. What a pathetic offensive display to only get 5 hits a game
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Gotta be one of the most pathetic road trips in recent years, by any team.

No offense during a 6-game stretch vs. bad teams and really BAD pitchers. Just inexcusable production offensively.

And for the Braves it was their first series win at home SINCE MAY. Like I said, INEXCUSABLE.

So a 1-5 road trip. If the Pirates were playing decent, and that had been a 4-2 trip, which would be entirely reasonable and nothing special, they'd be tied for the wild card lead this morning. Again, INEXCUSABLE.

And oh by the way ... the Reds have won 6 consecutive series and are playing very well. And they have players who can actually hit and produce. I don't have high hopes for the weekend at all.
Quail

Post by Quail »

After an outstanding gutsy performance by their teammate Ryan Vogelsong it was particularly disheartening to watch this team play like they were already in the airport in Atlanta. If they can't get inspired by a comeback from a guy who could have tragically had his career ended only a couple of months ago then I fear this team has lost its soul.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

616670787661262A53747E727A7F3D707C7E130 wrote: The Rock is ripping this team - not hustling, not smart.  Worst of all he accused the team of having an attitude of not caring. 

Said this entire road trip has made the team look bad. 

So what happened?  Why is this team suddenly laying down and quiting?   

It's not just this road trip, it's been since the all star break. They played this disinterested in DC, they saw better pitching.

I got ripped for calling their play nonchalant.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

1825223825224C0 wrote: The Rock is ripping this team - not hustling, not smart.  Worst of all he accused the team of having an attitude of not caring. 

It's not just this road trip, it's been since the all star break.  They played this disinterested in DC, they saw better pitching.

So who should take the blame for all of this?? Is this mostly on Hurdle or just the players themselves?? Ill say this about Hurdle he has done an absolutely horrific job the last 2-3 weeks since the break with his in game decisions, and some of his stupid comments after the game trying to justify them. I said a few other times on here I like Clint as a motivator, a leader, and I think overall he is a good man of character, but his managing skills on the field are very poor more times then not and I question everyday moving forward more and more if he is the right guy to take this team to a championship moving forward.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

123524202538073324252538410 wrote: The Rock is ripping this team - not hustling, not smart.  Worst of all he accused the team of having an attitude of not caring. 

It's not just this road trip, it's been since the all star break.  They played this disinterested in DC, they saw better pitching.

So who should take the blame for all of this?? Is this mostly on Hurdle or just the players themselves?? Ill say this about Hurdle he has done an absolutely horrific job the last 2-3 weeks since the break with his in game decisions, and some of his stupid comments after the game trying to justify them. I said a few other times on here I like Clint as a motivator, a leader, and I think overall he is a good man of character, but his managing skills on the field are very poor more times then not and I question everyday moving forward more and more if he is the right guy to take this team to a championship moving forward.

TinTin is indeed proving to be right. This team may lack talent but from all appearances they definitely lack heart.

So why? How can a team that was playing well going into the break come out with a rotten attitude? They WERE right there, even chasing the Cubs down. What the heck happened?!

Who are the leaders in the club house??
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Vogelsong deserved better results. Wish AJ Burnett would pay a visit to the Clubhouse and tell the guys how they are playing some of the most uninspired baseball of the 2016 season...Man, we stink right now :-[
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

5265736356717E797E5751100 wrote: Vogelsong deserved better results. Wish AJ Burnett would pay a visit to the Clubhouse and tell the guys how they are playing some of the most uninspired baseball of the 2016 season...Man, we stink right now :-[ 

Seriously -AJ would be kicking some butt right now and not caring who he offended.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

0E392F3F0A2D2225220B0D4C0 wrote: Vogelsong deserved better results. Wish AJ Burnett would pay a visit to the Clubhouse and tell the guys how they are playing some of the most uninspired baseball of the 2016 season...Man, we stink right now :-[ 

That is a great idea.