Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

D/H Game Thread - 4/4 Games 1 2 Bucs @ Tigers

Post by Bobster21 »

Perez crushes one!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Perez hit 24 HRs in 2019 but always hits for a low BA. But I'd rather see him batting 5th or 6th than VanMeter or Yoshi.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Hustling double for Reynolds.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Sooooo hard to watch this getting guys all over the bases and it's like these guys are sleep walking when runners on base.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Another double for Reynolds. BA is creeping up (.220 now).
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Bednar whiffs the first 2 batters on 6 pitches.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

062B26373021367675440 wrote: Bednar whiffs the first 2 batters on 6 pitches.
Bednar 1-2-3 8th on 8 pitches. I hope he doesn't need to be rested in the 9th.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1F323F2E29382F6F6C5D0 wrote: Bednar whiffs the first 2 batters on 6 pitches.
Bednar 1-2-3 8th on 8 pitches. I hope he doesn't need to be rested in the 9th.
Good day for Gamel.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

6957525A4951515A7A5F485B0C3E0 wrote: This game was lost the moment the lineup was set. But I guess no one cares less than Shelton. They got 2 runs and those were on 1 swing. Every other swing from this noncompetitive lineup resulted in 0 runs. What a shame because they got good pitching. But 3 errors gave the tigers 3 runs and that weas enough. As usual, Shelton wasn't trying to win. Worst manager I've ever seen. :(
Yep- 3-2 loss and all Detroits runs were unearned. Is this the last year of Shelton's contract?
I watch other games. No one gets days off like the Pirate players. Example- Harper, Hoskins, Realmuto, Goldschmidt,

Arenado, Molina (42ys.old)  Lorenzo Caine, Adames

Betts,Freeman, Justin Turner Trea Turner, Brandon Crawford. Obviously there are many more who are in lineup almost everyday' I didn't even mention the American League. Just doesn't make sense what Shelton does
This is why I pointed out in another thread that you can’t have Shelton managing this team in the next year or two when these young players such as Cruz, Gonzales, Peguero, Davis and etc are ready to come up and play everyday. He would give these guys way too many days off and play garbage instead like he is now with VanMeter and Tucker. And when you have a team like that of young core group players ready to come up and contribute like they are the next several years you can’t have a complete moron like Shelton managing this team you just can’t. This guy has to go period and go get John Farrell to work with.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

71564743465B64504746465B220 wrote: This game was lost the moment the lineup was set. But I guess no one cares less than Shelton. They got 2 runs and those were on 1 swing. Every other swing from this noncompetitive lineup resulted in 0 runs. What a shame because they got good pitching. But 3 errors gave the tigers 3 runs and that weas enough. As usual, Shelton wasn't trying to win. Worst manager I've ever seen. :(
Yep- 3-2 loss and all Detroits runs were unearned. Is this the last year of Shelton's contract?
I watch other games. No one gets days off like the Pirate players. Example- Harper, Hoskins, Realmuto, Goldschmidt,

Arenado, Molina (42ys.old)  Lorenzo Caine, Adames

Betts,Freeman, Justin Turner Trea Turner, Brandon Crawford. Obviously there are many more who are in lineup almost everyday' I didn't even mention the American League. Just doesn't make sense what Shelton does
This is why I pointed out in another thread that you can’t have Shelton managing this team in the next year or two when these young players such as Cruz, Gonzales, Peguero, Davis and etc are ready to come up and play everyday. He would give these guys way too many days off and play garbage instead like he is now with VanMeter and Tucker. And when you have a team like that of young core group players ready to come up and contribute like they are the next several years you can’t have a complete moron like Shelton managing this team you just can’t. This guy has to go period and go get John Farrell to work with.
Hopefully Cherington will come to his senses