7. Willi Castro (S) LF

8. Tucker Barnhart (S) C

9. Akil Baddoo (L) CF

Michael Pinada (R) SP

It looks like Shelty is mailing in the 1st game loss.   :( :( :(
CarolinaBucco

D/H Game Thread - 4/4 Games 1 2 Bucs @ Tigers

Post by CarolinaBucco »

It's difficult for me to grasp just how bad this lineup is.

* Why is VanMeter in the group with Hayes and Reynolds who are basically penciled in every day. WHY?

* Yoshi is batting .194 but at least he's combining that with his inability to play defense.

* Tucker is hitting .152.

* VanMeter .171.

* Knapp .167

I mean this lineup is WRETCHED.

Hopefully the 2nd game will include Chavis, Castillo and Perez. They are not all-stars by any means, but they have at least been "competent" so far.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Looks like a winner to me

Let's Go Bucs!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

It's pretty clear Shelton does not prioritize winning. He likes to rest players and give everyone playing time and mix up the lineups. And that seems to be his end game. Not winning. Just rest, PT and lineups. If they win, fine. But that's not the goal. :(
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

6E4C5F424144434C6F584E4E422D0 wrote: It's difficult for me to grasp just how bad this lineup is.

* Why is VanMeter in the group with Hayes and Reynolds who are basically penciled in every day. WHY?

* Yoshi is batting .194 but at least he's combining that with his inability to play defense.

* VanMeter .171.

* Knapp .167

Hopefully the 2nd game will include Chavis, Castillo and Perez. They are not all-stars by any means, but they have at least been "competent" so far.

Why can't we just have one competent manager. He has Tucker playing SS batting .156 not Castillo batting .255, batting Yoshi .194 or VanMeter .174 not Chavis for either at .286. This guy doesn't seem to want to compete. How can anyone be this bad at managing a team. I just want a manager that doesn't give up before the game starts.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7D505D4C4B5A4D0D0E3F0 wrote: It's pretty clear Shelton does not prioritize winning. He likes to rest players and give everyone playing time and mix up the lineups. And that seems to be his end game. Not winning. Just rest, PT and lineups. If they win, fine. But that's not the goal. :(
rest players? They just had two days off !!
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Good point. And they have tomorrow off, meaning they'll be off for 3 out of 4 days heading into Cincy.

But I'm sure Hayes will need a rest by Sunday.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2F373532322534332E2F395C0 wrote: It's difficult for me to grasp just how bad this lineup is.

* VanMeter .171.

* Knapp .167

Why can't we just have one competent manager.  He has Tucker playing SS batting .156 not Castillo batting .255, batting Yoshi .194 or VanMeter .174 not  Chavis for either at .286.  This guy doesn't seem to want to compete.  How can anyone be this bad at managing a team.  I just want a manager that doesn't give up before the game starts.
I don't know if Shelton is as incompetent as he appears or if Cherington has made it known to Shelton that tanking is the goal. The fact that at 9-13 there are still 7 teams with worse winning pcts makes it seem that if they are trying to tank, they aren't doing bad enough. Which makes me think they aren't deliberately trying to lose, but Shelton is merely incompetent.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

092B38252623242B083F2929254A0 wrote: [highlight]It's difficult for me to grasp just how bad this lineup is.[/highlight]

* VanMeter .171.

* Knapp .167

If the goal is to catch the Reds in the standings, Shelton just has to play these guys.
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Tucker sucks !

He needs to shave that head bald, he is always messing with his hair like a girl.

Time for him to get mean looking and change something, anything up. :-?