Official Game Thread - 6/29 - Bucs vs Padres

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

6176607035333432343A030 wrote: Pretty sweet to sweep em. I'm a Padre fan I'm real PO'd.

Just watching them you could feel the pressure that builds on an underachieving team. So many little mistakes. You have to wonder if it is too many egos and not enough real leaders. But yes, Padre fans are probably coming unglued as we were not playing well at all coming into this series.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Great to sweep the Padres.

And, after watching Triolo at 3rd in this series, Hayes better pick it up with the stick, because Triolo appears to be his match with a glove.

The pen pitched 4.33 innings without giving up a run, including 4 outs from Ryan Bouricki.

Hard to believe that a team has Tatis, Soto, Machado, and Bogarts at the top of their order. I would be ecstatic to have one of them on the Pirates.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

We have been celebrating our granddaughter's 12th birthday this afternoon so I was in and out when watching it.

What a win. It reminds me of the oldie Bucs who won so much in the last few innings.

Finally, as grand poobah and chief Kingshit of OBN I do hereby declare that Surg is no longer a jinx on our Bucs. You may bow down Surg and kiss my ring. :D :D :D :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

49656D6A6146716777040 wrote: Great to sweep the Padres.

And, after watching Triolo at 3rd in this series, Hayes better pick it up with the stick, because Triolo appears to be his match with a glove.

The pen pitched 4.33 innings without giving up a run, including 4 outs from Ryan Bouricki.

Hard to believe that a team has Tatis, Soto, Machado, and Bogarts at the top of their order.  I would be ecstatic to have one of them on the Pirates.

This is why baseball is such a great game. When the very best team plays the very worst team, it seems more often than not both teams will win one of those games, making the third one up for grabs. NFL football, on the other hand, the best team will win 97 times out of 100 against the worst team.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Such a weird season. If before the season you were to ask me where we'd be at 80 games, I'd have said we'd be about where we are recordwise. Now I would never have guessed we got here this way. :D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7F4345435851475E300 wrote: Shelton getting it done with the right lineups and pitching changes at the right time.  Have to wonder who goes when Reynolds and Hayes come back.  Have to think Bae and Triolo get sent down with Bae the first to go.
Shelton got it done by having the Padres' pitcher throw Suwinski's little dribbler into RF to allow 2 runs to score in a 1 run victory. Suwinski was generously credited with a single but was not close enough to 1B to beat the throw if it had been on target. That play was the difference between a 5-4 win and a 4-3 loss.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Cool that ring was actually a chupa-chup.

It was really odd, we're getting ready to watch the pre-game activities, and they bring out the tarps that cover the mound and the home plate ring.

I jokingly said, "The Players association is probably questioning why they have to make these guys play the game". Lo and behold, that's pretty much what it was.

I would have been righteously PO'd if they had moved the game to the evening.

It was a fun game to watch. Ortiz had two ball hard hit against him, both went out. The three run inning, had the bloop and seeing eye single, and the sac fly. So yeah, pitched better than what the numbers showed.

Cutch and Davis are pure gold back to back. I wonder what happens when Reynolds gets back

?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

220F02131405125251600 wrote: Shelton getting it done with the right lineups and pitching changes at the right time.  Have to wonder who goes when Reynolds and Hayes come back.  Have to think Bae and Triolo get sent down with Bae the first to go.
Shelton got it done by having the Padres' pitcher throw Suwinski's little dribbler into RF to allow 2 runs to score in a 1 run victory. Suwinski was generously credited with a single but was not close enough to 1B to beat the throw if it had been on target. That play was the difference between a 5-4 win and a 4-3 loss. '

I'm going to throw that wet blanket in the dryer ::) ::). Suwinski was going to be safe anyhow. Even if he wasn't, we rally in the bottom of the 9th and win anyhow. There was no denying victory today! :)

steve49

Post by steve49 »

4F626F7E79687F3F3C0D0 wrote: Shelton getting it done with the right lineups and pitching changes at the right time.  Have to wonder who goes when Reynolds and Hayes come back.  Have to think Bae and Triolo get sent down with Bae the first to go.
Shelton got it done by having the Padres' pitcher throw Suwinski's little dribbler into RF to allow 2 runs to score in a 1 run victory. Suwinski was generously credited with a single but was not close enough to 1B to beat the throw if it had been on target. That play was the difference between a 5-4 win and a 4-3 loss.

I think you need to say it was the difference between a 5-4 win and a 4-4 tie. The situation with Suwinski at the plate was 1st and 3rd and 1 out. Castro scores from 3rd on that play even if the out is recorded.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

23243526356469500 wrote: Shelton getting it done with the right lineups and pitching changes at the right time.  Have to wonder who goes when Reynolds and Hayes come back.  Have to think Bae and Triolo get sent down with Bae the first to go.

I think you need to say it was the difference between a 5-4 win and a 4-4 tie. The situation with Suwinski at the plate was 1st and 3rd and 1 out. Castro scores from 3rd on that play even if the out is recorded.

Good point!