9/3 vs Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

9/3 vs Reds

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

496E65460B0 wrote: Good job Trevor.

The guy is lights out. Gotta be excited for next year.

Quail

9/3 vs Reds

Post by Quail »

292E38303E296E621B3C363A3237753834365B0 wrote: Good job Trevor.

The guy is lights out.  Gotta be excited for next year.

He needs to share what he's smoking with the rest of the staff. 8-)
DemDog

9/3 vs Reds

Post by DemDog »

4662767E7B170 wrote: Good job Trevor.

The guy is lights out.  Gotta be excited for next year.

He needs to share what he's smoking with the rest of the staff. 8-)

And you and me too! 8-) 8-)
DemDog

9/3 vs Reds

Post by DemDog »

In my opinion this was one of the best game I have ever seen. Not just a great pitching effort but the team scored some runs including the Polanco HR that gave Williams some breathing room. And Frazier's monster day at bat as well as Newman & Frazier turning 2 DPs. And to end it great pitching from the BP, Rodriguez, Crick, Keola! Way to go guys.

Now I wonder is the game we saw yesterday which was a great disappointment to me or today's game gonna be the most common in 2019?
CarolinaBucco

9/3 vs Reds

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I am always slightly torn by great team or individual performances once the team is truly out of it.

Like today. From all indications, the team looked sharp, looked great. Looked like a good baseball team.

But when the games no longer matter, when there is no pressure to win whatsoever, when you are just playing out the string ... is this kind of performance still indicative of a good team, or is it indicative of a team that can play really well once the games no longer matter?

I'm not sure.
RichD

9/3 vs Reds

Post by RichD »

6F424F5E59485F1F1C2D0 wrote: I love those line drive HRs Frazier hits. He's got a great LD stroke and rarely hits a high fly ball. He's gotta play everyday next year.

Frazier could maybe hit 12-15 hr with a full season of abs . I think the time back in AAA gave him a wake up call .
fjk090852-7

9/3 vs Reds

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5A616B604C080 wrote: I love those line drive HRs Frazier hits. He's got a great LD stroke and rarely hits a high fly ball. He's gotta play everyday next year.
I would have no problem if Frazier played left field in 2019, if Kramer could grab the second base position. I am hoping that they add Kramer tomorrow and they let him play many games this month. Just looking at stats, but I think Kramer will be the better player than Newman. Kramer has a lot of gap power.

Frazier could maybe hit 12-15 hr with a full season of abs . I think the time back in AAA gave him a wake up call .

RichD

9/3 vs Reds

Post by RichD »

We need to raid the Rockies this off season .They have a bunch of hitters that play 1b /3b in the minors .I1m not sold on Bell, Craig or Moran .They need to be pushed . Rockies have a guy who will be 26 next year 3b/1b Josh Fuentes just finished 1st season in AAA. The guy can hit was league MVP this year and has proved it at every step . AA last year in Hartford . 869 ops. He is not even a top 30 prospect in their system :o ...He would be in top ten in ours .Rockies have Arenado he aint going anywhere.
Bobster21

9/3 vs Reds

Post by Bobster21 »

5255796E781B0 wrote: Williams was working fast, throwing in and out, up and down and mixing a vast variety of pitches all from the exact same delivery and arm slot.

I imagine every coach that has ever worked with him is beaming at the masterpiece he is becoming.
Williams is fun to watch. He's a throwback to the days of complete pitchers who didn't rely on an overpowering FB. He doesn't seem to have any particular out pitch. He's just a smart pitcher who knows how to set up batters and let them get themselves out. He's around the plate without serving up fat pitches. Unlike guys like Locke and Morton who tried to exclusively work the edges of the strike zone but were hindered by batters knowing they weren't going to see strikes, Williams throws strikes and batters are afraid to lay off the borderline stuff. Those swings results in easy outs. Williams is a guy who batters can't figure out and don't know why they can't hit him. But he's doing this consistently. :)
DemDog

9/3 vs Reds

Post by DemDog »

7A575A4B4C5D4A0A09380 wrote: Williams was working fast, throwing in and out, up and down and mixing a vast variety of pitches all from the exact same delivery and arm slot.

I imagine every coach that has ever worked with him is beaming at the masterpiece he is becoming.
Williams is fun to watch. He's a throwback to the days of complete pitchers who didn't rely on an overpowering FB. He doesn't seem to have any particular out pitch. He's just a smart pitcher who knows how to set up batters and let them get themselves out. He's around the plate without serving up fat pitches. Unlike guys like Locke and Morton who tried to exclusively work the edges of the strike zone but were hindered by batters knowing they weren't going to see strikes, Williams throws  strikes and batters are afraid to lay off the borderline stuff. Those swings results in easy outs. Williams is a guy who batters can't figure out and don't know why they can't hit him. But he's doing this consistently. :)

Bobster, that's the kind of guy that become an "Ace". Our other kids need to talk and take a lesson from Williams.