2. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

3. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

4. Francisco Cervelli (R) C

5. Corey Dickerson (L) LF

6. Josh Bell (S) 1B

7. Colin Moran (L) 3B

8. Kevin Newman (R) SS

9. Trevor Williams (R) P

Can Trevor Williams tame the Billy Hamilton beast?
rucker59@gmail.com

9/3 vs Reds

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

1A373A2B2C3D2A6A69580 wrote: 1. Starling Marte (R) CF

2. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

3. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

4. Francisco Cervelli (R) C

5. Corey Dickerson (L) LF

6. Josh Bell (S) 1B

7. Colin Moran (L) 3B

8. Kevin Newman (R) SS

9. Trevor Williams (R) P

Can Trevor Williams tame the Billy Hamilton beast?

Don’t know. But watching Trevor is becoming a highlight of the season. Can this guy become a true ace for this team?
Bobster21

9/3 vs Reds

Post by Bobster21 »

Good work by Williams getting out of 1st inning jam when Polanco doesn't try hard enough to catch a high fly ball to the warning track.
INbuc

9/3 vs Reds

Post by INbuc »

This could be a wild ride. 28 pitches in the first for Williams -- 11 foul balls. Umpire Ed Barrett called 3 pitches as strikes that were outside the strike zone box, and call 3 pitches balls that were inside the box.

Williams didn't let it bother him and got out of the inning.
INbuc

9/3 vs Reds

Post by INbuc »

It may say something about Williams' confidence right now that with one out and men second and third, he aggressively attacked Suarez one of the best hitters in the NL.
MaineBucs

9/3 vs Reds

Post by MaineBucs »

With the real drama (a run at the playoffs) of the season long over, the most interesting aspect that remains is how some of the players perform.

1) Williams and Tallion are demonstrating that they could be the cornerstones of the starting rotation. It will be interesting to see if they can continue to deliver through the end of September.

2) Musgrove often looks unhittable. Unfortunately, in most games he seems to have at least one inning in which he completely melts and gets hit hard. Musgrove didn't pitch regularly during much of the first months of the season. Can he finish strong?

3) Archer has not looked very good to date. I know that I for one would feel better if he could deliver several good starts before the end of the year.

4) I know that there are only 4 starts or so per pitcher left in the season. That said, I hope that some more of Nova's starts go to Kingham or others. And on the same end, I am anxious to see if Kuhl faces big league hitters before the end of the season.

5) Frankly, I have no faith in the Never Man. But, I want the Pirates to pitch him to see if he should or should not be part of next year's team. Not much more for him to prove in AAA. Same goes for Holmes.

6) Bucs should continue to give Brault some extended pitching opportunities. He has looked better lately and need to see if he can be a contributor for next year.

7) Glad to see Newman getting some regular playing time. Mercer and Harrison often served the Bucs well for 5 years, but it is time to bring in a new guard.

8) Both Osuna and Luplow warrant playing time. Osuna at both first and third, and Luplow mostly in left.

9) Hoping that the injury to Diaz isn't serious. Diaz and Stallings warrant regular playing time.

I expect that the team will struggle to win more than 8 more games. I hate to see the Bucs lose, but if they are losing games with a purpose in mind, I can accept such.

That said, I hope that the Bucs trash the Reds today.
Bobster21

9/3 vs Reds

Post by Bobster21 »

I love those line drive HRs Frazier hits. He's got a great LD stroke and rarely hits a high fly ball. He's gotta play everyday next year.
INbuc

9/3 vs Reds

Post by INbuc »

436F67606B4C7B6D7D0E0 wrote: With the real drama (a run at the playoffs) of the season long over, the most interesting aspect that remains is how some of the players perform.

1)  Williams and Tallion are demonstrating that they could be the cornerstones of the starting rotation.  It will be interesting to see if they can continue to deliver through the end of September. 

2)  Musgrove often looks unhittable.  Unfortunately, in most games he seems to have at least one inning in which he completely melts and gets hit hard.   Musgrove didn't pitch regularly during much of the first months of the season.  Can he finish strong?

3)  Archer has not looked very good to date.  I know that I for one would feel better if he could deliver several good starts before the end of the year.

4)  I know that there are only 4 starts or so per pitcher left in the season.  That said, I hope that some more of Nova's starts go to Kingham or others.  And on the same end, I am anxious to see if Kuhl faces big league hitters before the end of the season.

5)  Frankly, I have no faith in the Never Man.  But, I want the Pirates to pitch him to see if he should or should not be part of next year's team.  Not much more for him to prove in AAA.  Same goes for Holmes.

6)  Bucs should continue to give Brault some extended pitching opportunities.  He has looked better lately and need to see if he can be a contributor for next year.

7)  Glad to see Newman getting some regular playing time.  Mercer and Harrison often served the Bucs well for 5 years, but it is time to bring in a new guard. 

8)  Both Osuna and Luplow warrant playing time.  Osuna at both first and third, and Luplow mostly in left. 

9)  Hoping that the injury to Diaz isn't serious.  Diaz and Stallings warrant regular playing time.

I expect that the team will struggle to win more than 8 more games.  I hate to see the Bucs lose, but if they are losing games with a purpose in mind, I can accept such.   

That said, I hope that the Bucs trash the Reds today.         

Completely agree. And Luplow needs to play.
BenM

9/3 vs Reds

Post by BenM »

Good job Trevor.
INbuc

9/3 vs Reds

Post by INbuc »

Williams was working fast, throwing in and out, up and down and mixing a vast variety of pitches all from the exact same delivery and arm slot.

I imagine every coach that has ever worked with him is beaming at the masterpiece he is becoming.