What's your take?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave

What's your take?

Post by WildwoodDave »

0A272A3B3C2D3A7A79480 wrote: Cole attributed his success in Houston to advice he got from coaches but in particular, veteran pitchers Verlander and Keuchel. In Pittsburgh, there were no stud pitchers to get advice from. In Houston there was a shift in philosophy to overpowering hitters.

Glasnow claimed the Pirates wanted him and all their pitchers to pitch low in the zone. He said his success in the minors had always been by pitching high in the zone. But that was not the Pirates' pitching philosophy. He said when he got to Tampa they told him to do what he had been good at. And it showed instant results.
I noticed nobody was in a big hurry to hire searage
Javy

What's your take?

Post by Javy »

Or Huntington or Coonelly for that matter
GreenWeenie

What's your take?

Post by GreenWeenie »

Are they looking?

They probably can afford to take time off....for more than one reason.
WildwoodDave

What's your take?

Post by WildwoodDave »

quote author=1D283F3F340D3F3F34333F5A0 link=1597931803/12#12 date=1598024035]Are they looking?

They probably can afford to take time off....for more than one reason.
You mean like Kevin Stallings getting 9 million from Pitt
GreenWeenie

What's your take?

Post by GreenWeenie »

I wouldn't be suprised if there was some severance or even something contractually.  All were with the club a while.

Both will land jobs.  Coonelly's an attorney.  There was talk of him returning to the motherland.  If the Cubs hired Littlefield, someone will hire Huntington.

Tampa would be my prediction.  They practically OWE him.

Searage?  I don't know if he even wants to coach again, but if he does, he'll find work.  If not in MLB or professional baseball, then in the NCAA.