Official Game Thread - 4/18 - Bucs @ Rockies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Bucs rally to take the lead. Suwinski homers again. This would be big if he’s figured it out and can provide power to the line-up.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Marcano with a trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, triple. ;D
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

133E33222534236360510 wrote: Marcano with a trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, trip, triple.  ;D

Scores on a wild pitch. Him hustling out of the box to stretch that into a triple, even with two outs, got the Pirates another run.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Velasquez dancing through trouble, but keeping the Rockies from scoring. He needs a clean inning in the 5th. Already over 70 pitches.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

This is such a little thing, but it really bugs me that the Pirates don't have a uniform belt. You have some wearing black, some wearing gold, some with a black belt and gold lettering or something. I just think they ought to have a true uniform, meaning "one form."
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

That was a great turn from Marcano.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

194F594D425848434E596B4C464A424705482B0 wrote: Rockies wearing their Softball uniforms tonight

Well, MLB is adopting softball rules, so . . .

My bedroom tv is on the blink.  I will get to see them in the morning when I check the game highlights on the Official Website of the Bucs.  Block is always good at describing the other team's uniforms and if he was on a pitch clock he would have been unable to do it. :D :D :D :D

As ugly as they are, nothing is as bad as the abomination the Padres wear.  They look like they lost a paintball fight.
I kind of like the Rockies uniforms. From a design viewpoint though the batting helmets are terrible. Rule #1 is that you should be able to tell what it is supposed to be from across the room.
2drfischer@gmail.c

51595A6D7B5E7976180 wrote: This is such a little thing, but it really bugs me that the Pirates don't have a uniform belt. You have some wearing black, some wearing gold, some with a black belt and gold lettering or something. I just think they ought to have a true uniform, [highlight]meaning "one form."[/highlight]

Exactly.
2drfischer@gmail.c

65575B5B4F7D5E575A5F5057360 wrote: Rockies wearing their Softball uniforms tonight

My bedroom tv is on the blink.  I will get to see them in the morning when I check the game highlights on the Official Website of the Bucs.  Block is always good at describing the other team's uniforms and if he was on a pitch clock he would have been unable to do it. :D :D :D :D

As ugly as they are, nothing is as bad as the abomination the Padres wear.  They look like they lost a paintball fight.
I kind of like the Rockies uniforms.  From a design viewpoint though the batting helmets are terrible.  Rule #1 is that you should be able to tell what it is supposed to be from across the room.

To me, the simpler the design, the better. A classic, simple look stands the test of time and can look good in any era. I know MLB is trying to make money, and selling uniforms is one way, but some things, like the traditional uniform, should just be left alone.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

500610040B11010A071022050F030B0E4C01620 wrote: Rockies wearing their Softball uniforms tonight

I kind of like the Rockies uniforms.  From a design viewpoint though the batting helmets are terrible.  Rule #1 is that you should be able to tell what it is supposed to be from across the room.

To me, the simpler the design, the better.  A classic, simple look stands the test of time and can look good in any era.  I know MLB is trying to make money, and selling uniforms is one way, but some things, like the traditional uniform, should just be left alone. 

I don't mind the alternates. I actually kind of like adding a little color. But, the Yankees have had two uniforms from time immemorial, which have never really changed, and they've done alright.

I just wish teams would actually have a true uniform. Meaning belts, socks, dugout jackets/hoodies, etcetera are all the same. I'm not an NBA fan, but once upon a time NBA teams all had the same warm-ups. Now, teams have about five different warm-up tops and they're all used in every game. And they can't just say "Toronto Raptors" or "Golden State Warriors," as two examples. They have to have some catchy phrase like, "We the North," or "Strength in Numbers."

I like uniforms to looks, well, uniform. I couldn't care less if someone has tattoos, earrings, long or short hair, facial hair, whatever. But if I were the Pirates' manager, I'd have a strict uniform policy...we're going to look like a team. Period.