Spring Training Baseball

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SyrBucco

Spring Training Baseball

Post by SyrBucco »

Thought I would throw my two cents about ST in this thread.

Hoping we will see a late trade involving Bastardo as ST injuries mount up. He's pitched pretty well for us but I would rather hang on to the Rule 5 kid, Webb, from the Yankees, than be stuck short next year when Bastardo and Watson leave. There's Brault, sure, but I've read good things about Webb. Not excited about LeBlanc.

Having said that, must admit that there is no sign of smoke in any of the sites I read. I wouldn't ask much for Bastardo. The salary relief alone should be attractive enough for the cheapskates.

Apart from that, I am mostly worried about Marte's ankle. His game relies on speed and he clearly suffered in the WBC after rolling the ankle. I don't want to start the year off with a different defensive alignment than the one they've planned - it would rightly confuse the players.
SammyKhalifa

Spring Training Baseball

Post by SammyKhalifa »

103A31013620202C430 wrote:

Having said that, must admit that there is no sign of smoke in any of the sites I read. I wouldn't ask much for Bastardo. The salary relief alone should be attractive enough for the cheapskates.

average game time would go down by about twelve minutes too
SammyKhalifa

Spring Training Baseball

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Is the wind blowing out today?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Spring Training Baseball

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Did Jaso have any plays at 3B?
SammyKhalifa

Spring Training Baseball

Post by SammyKhalifa »

313A323E3B3A216462152C343D3A3A7B363A550 wrote: Did Jaso have any plays at 3B? 

Ha ha.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/220272138 ... -in-field/

IABucFan

Spring Training Baseball

Post by IABucFan »

Just going off the stat sheet, but I'm going to guess this start knocks Hutchison out of the running for the 5th starter's spot. I'm still saying Brault.
UtahPirate

Spring Training Baseball

Post by UtahPirate »

Hutchison getting bombed again today. Six runs through two innings. Not sure what they are going to do as we sure don't look like we have a #5 right now.

I don't think Brault is ready (he needs another pitch) -- and Hutchison hasn't done anything to grab the golden ring. Maybe this opens the door for Glasnow? Williams isn't flashy but was pretty consistent last year. Most of his work this spring has been behind the scenes. Lots of ????
ScottinMass

Spring Training Baseball

Post by ScottinMass »

Hughes with another bad outing again today. Only got 1 out while giving up 2 runs and 3 hits. When is it enough with him?
CarolinaBucco

Spring Training Baseball

Post by CarolinaBucco »

BRAULT BY DEFAULT !

Can't be Hutchison the way he's getting lit.

Glasnow not ready.

Gotta be Brault.

They can go first 2 weeks without a 5th starter if they want.

THIS IS WHY I WAS BEGGING FOR 2 MORE LEGIT STARTERS DURING THE OFFSEASON. We are severely short on quality starters. We have 3. Maybe. We need about 7.
JollyRoger

Spring Training Baseball

Post by JollyRoger »

Outside of one appearance; Brault has been solid. At this point he has earned the 5th spot