Spring Training Baseball

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Spring Training Baseball

Post by mouse »

MLB had early spring games on yesterday and today I've managed to get the Pirates (O's) game on mlb radio. What a great time of year it is! [Although, Frazier caught stealing . . . Sigh.] Cutch doubled though, and driven in by Polanco, so it balances out . . . and it is only spring training, a time to experiment.
CarolinaBucco

Spring Training Baseball

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I realize it's still FEBRUARY ... but Glasnow struck out the first 5 he faced today, including Machado, Davis and Trumbo in succession in his first inning.
Bobster21

Spring Training Baseball

Post by Bobster21 »

Listening to the game right now. Glasnow struck out the first 5 Orioles he faced before giving up a broken bat single and then got his 6th K. Throwing 93-95 with changeup at 86.
Bobster21

Spring Training Baseball

Post by Bobster21 »

Hutchison now on. Long fly out to Cutch. Then a double. Runner out stealing before a HR. Ground out. Hutchison unimpressive.
johnfluharty

Spring Training Baseball

Post by johnfluharty »

Did they say how many change ups he threw?
mouse

Spring Training Baseball

Post by mouse »

Hutchison may have been unimpressive but Jared Hughes was *really* unimpressive. The announcers seemed to suggest some of it was due the sinkerball he throws.
Bobster21

Spring Training Baseball

Post by Bobster21 »

575255535B5148555C4F49443D0 wrote: Did they say how many change ups he threw?
Not that I heard.
Bobster21

Spring Training Baseball

Post by Bobster21 »

393B212731540 wrote: Hutchison may have been unimpressive but Jared Hughes was *really* unimpressive. The announcers seemed to suggest some of it was due the sinkerball he throws.
True. You never know with a veteran if they're just working on something but Hughes was bad. And since he was frequently bad last year, that's a concern.
steve49

Spring Training Baseball

Post by steve49 »

0A272A3B3C2D3A7A79480 wrote: Listening to the game right now. Glasnow struck out the first 5 Orioles he faced before giving up a broken bat single and then got his 6th K. Throwing 93-95 with changeup at 86.

According to Adam Berry twitter Glasnow hit 98 on stadium gun. I was and still am on the side of not paring Glasnow with Keller or Meadows for the soft throwing #2 lefty. I think Glasnow was messed up a bit last year and trading him off that year would be buffoonery.
Bobster21

Spring Training Baseball

Post by Bobster21 »

292E3F2C3F6E635A0 wrote: Listening to the game right now. Glasnow struck out the first 5 Orioles he faced before giving up a broken bat single and then got his 6th K. Throwing 93-95 with changeup at 86.

According to Adam Berry twitter Glasnow hit 98 on stadium gun. I was and still am on the side of not paring Glasnow with Keller or Meadows for the soft throwing #2 lefty. I think Glasnow was messed up a bit last year and trading him off that year would be buffoonery.
By "buffoonery" do you mean "Littlefieldean?" ;)