Spring Training Baseball

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Spring Training Baseball

Post by IABucFan »

Agreed. And they're getting down to crunch time. Not to mention, this wasn't exactly the Orioles' A lineup, with Machado and Jones at least being out for the WBC. I tuned in to about 10 minutes of the game today at work, and just happened to catch Hughes pitch. He looked to me like he was really fighting his mechanics. Perhaps he was working on something...I don't know. But, I trust Searage to help him figure it out.
dmetz

Spring Training Baseball

Post by dmetz »

Ah the mythical Ray Searage.
psuinpgh21

Spring Training Baseball

Post by psuinpgh21 »

I was at the game today. Thought Osuna was impressive in the field and showed great patience at the plate. He was the only real prospect in the lineup. Taillon wasn't overpowering and didn't throw a lot of strikes, but he got outs.

The second team today- Terdoslavich, Bostick, Moroff, Wood, Suchy, Meadows, Barnes, Jackson Williams. Sam Street from the pen as well as Jason Creasy. Street pitched to one batter and struck him out on 3 pitches. A pitcher from down under who pitches from down under. Creasy pitched a 1-2-3 9th for the save. Both looked much better than Jared Hughes, but that's not saying much. It was windy and Bostick dropped a pop-up. Suchy and Barnes looked overmatched at the plate. Meadows looked good drawing a walk against a tough big-league lefty and in the field, got picked off but almost got out of the pickle.

Gosselin hit a grand slam to right for the win. I'll be there on Friday (vs. the O's again) and at Clearwater on Saturday. Hope to give more updates.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Spring Training Baseball

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I find it funny that the Pirates are leading the NL in Spring Training in the standings and the Cardinals are right behind them (0.5 back). Even in Spring Training, we can't shake the Cardinals.
SammyKhalifa

Spring Training Baseball

Post by SammyKhalifa »

They should win a trophy, or a giant basket of oranges or something
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Spring Training Baseball

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5C6E62627644676E6366696E0F0 wrote: They should win a trophy, or a giant basket of oranges or something

Do you mean Grapefruits? The Yankees are leading the Grapefruit League, but the Pirates aren't out of it yet. Plenty of time.
Bobster21

Spring Training Baseball

Post by Bobster21 »

616A626E6B6A713432457C646D6A6A2B666A050 wrote: They should win a trophy, or a giant basket of oranges or something

Do you mean Grapefruits?  The Yankees are leading the Grapefruit League, but the Pirates aren't out of it yet.  Plenty of time. 
I think all teams should be given participation trophies.
SammyKhalifa

Spring Training Baseball

Post by SammyKhalifa »

And Party Pooper Hats. ;)
SammyKhalifa

Spring Training Baseball

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I assumed that if the game was in the evening it would be on TV. Guess not?
DemDog

Spring Training Baseball

Post by DemDog »

1E2C20203406252C21242B2C4D0 wrote: I assumed that if the game was in the evening it would be on TV.  Guess not?

tomorrow at 1.05 pm on root. a shame for you young guys who work. old farts like me can sit back with a bottle of irish mist and sip away during the game. ;D