4/5 Game Thread-Game 2-Bucs vs. Red Sox

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

7B5C4D494C516E5A4D4C4C51280 wrote: This homeplate umpire tonight has missed some strike calls tonight that are just flat out inexcusable. The one he missed on the 2-1 pitch to Pedroia just now from Watson was ridiculous.

I feel like he's had a weird zone, but he's been consistent.

Cutch needs to give Marte a chance to get into scoring position here.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Cutch is 0 for 9 these first two games so far and has come up numerous times with men on base and in scoring position. I know it's early but just saying.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

40677672776A55617677776A130 wrote: Cutch is 0 for 9 these first two games so far and has come up numerous times with men on base and in scoring position.  I know it's early but just saying.

Add Marte and Polanco.

Thankfully we've just moved pass the "heart" of our lineup. :P
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

It is me or has Joe Block been extremely annoying to listen too for most of this game. I'm just not a huge fan of his. His play by play and some of the comments he makes in between are just bizarre more times then not.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

Is it just me or do the Boston fans whine about calls more than other fans. Watching the feed, it just seems like there is more Dan complaining. Maybe it is just louder but it is annoying.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Terrible throw by Gosselin to 2nd on that pickoff. That play has absolutely got to be made. That throw was beyond horrible.
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

We lost again boy does bastardo suck
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

That was an ugly inning. Not sure why he didn't let Nicasio pitch 2 innings.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

You can't win when you don't score runs. So far in two games this offense has scored 3 runs in 21 innings played. That's not gonna get it done especially when Marte,Cutch, and Polanco have a combined 2 hits in 26 at bats. Until Cutch gets it going or looks like he is on track to getting it going he is a huge concern right now at the plate for the Pirates.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

331405010419261205040419600 wrote: Terrible throw by Gosselin to 2nd on that pickoff. That play has absolutely got to be made. That throw was beyond horrible.

Be careful ... he was probably our second best pickup in the offseason. Not that that is saying much.

Always nice to see a great pitching performance by Jameson thrown in the toilet.