4/5 Game Thread-Game 2-Bucs vs. Red Sox

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

No lineups yet...Taillon vs. Sale

I didn't realize that Sale was drafted the same year as Taillon.  Don't get me wrong, I still think Taillon can be a very good, if not even great, pitcher in MLB.  But to think, drafted after Taillon were Manny Machado, Sale, Yasmani Grandal, and Noah Syndergaard.

I know you can do this exercise with every draft, every year (though looking at the 2011 draft, I might still take Cole #1 overall...maybe Francisco Lindor...but I digress).  Anyway, I know you can do this every year, and that's the crapshoot that is the MLB draft.

Again, I do think Taillon is going to be special.  Time to get win #1 on the year!
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

4D4546716742656A040 wrote: No lineups yet...Taillon vs. Sale

I didn't realize that Sale was drafted the same year as Taillon.  Don't get me wrong, I still think Taillon can be a very good, if not even great, pitcher in MLB.  But to think, drafted after Taillon were Manny Machado, Sale, Yasmani Grandal, and Noah Syndergaard.

I know you can do this exercise with every draft, every year (though looking at the 2011 draft, I might still take Cole #1 overall...maybe Francisco Lindor...but I digress).  Anyway, I know you can do this every year, and that's the crapshoot that is the MLB draft.

Again, I do think Taillon is going to be special.  Time to get win #1 on the year!
thanks for starting thread and info on the 2011 draft. Not to be too picky, but today is 4/5.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Mercer-SS

Marte-CF

McCutchen-RF

Polanco-LF

Freese-3B

Cervelli-C

Harrison-2B

Bell-1B

Frazier-DH

Taillon-P

Pedroia-2B

Benintendi-LF

Bogaerts-SS

Ramirez-DH

Moreland-1B

Young-RF

Bradley-CF

Sandoval-3B

Leon-C

Sale-P

Mookie Betts has the flu.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

745253445242310 wrote: No lineups yet...Taillon vs. Sale

thanks for starting thread and info on the 2011 draft.  Not to be too picky, but today is 4/5.

Fixed.  Thanks.  Busy day at work!
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Interesting Fangraphs article on Tailon and Searage.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/searage- ... -upstairs/
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

Just win baby!
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Yeah man - Cutch with an assist from RF. Leon out at the plate!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3D3A2C242A3D7A760F28222E2623612C20224F0 wrote: Yeah man - Cutch with an assist from RF.  Leon out at the plate!
Nice tag by Cervelli too.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Overturned or not, that's a great play by Freese.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

4A4241766045626D030 wrote: Overturned or not, that's a great play by Freese.

Really nice and a good job by Bell.