4/5 Game Thread-Game 2-Bucs vs. Red Sox

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

3A36242435223424313639570 wrote: Wow.  Heck of a game from JT.  I'm telling you guys...if this is the kind of pitching we get consistently from him and Cole (at least his first 4.2 IP on Monday), we're playing October baseball this year.  Would be nice to get a run this inning and get him the win.
I hate to be a negative nelly and I know they have faced great pitching so far but I just don't see this offense winning enough games with a lot of good teams in the national league

I think the offense will be fine in the long run. Two pretty tough pitchers to open the year against.
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

I'm not as confident of this offense as you are I guess unless cutch becomes cutch agin this lineup does not have a lot of power yet strikes out a lot unless a couple guys have breakout years I just don't see it
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

696577776671677762656A040 wrote: I'm not as confident of this offense as you are I guess unless cutch becomes cutch agin this lineup does not have a lot of power yet strikes out a lot unless a couple guys have breakout years I just don't see it
And I'm not saying this because of these 2 games I just look at the lineup and unless kang comes back where is the power gonna come from
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Well, it's hard to argue with you right now. 18 offensive innings, and we've put a zero up in 17 of them.
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

555D5E697F5A7D721C0 wrote: Well, it's hard to argue with you right now.  18 offensive innings, and we've put a zero up in 17 of them.
Hey I hope I'm wrong and cutch becomes cutch agin marte gets his power back polonco hits 30 bombs and so on
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Hopefully we can find a way to scratch across a run or two and win this game in extra innings. Be a damn shame to waste such a great pitching performance tonight from Taillon and this bullpen. The Pirates aren't going to win many games when guys like Marte,Cutch, and Polanco aren't hitting.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

575B4949584F59495C5B543A0 wrote: Well, it's hard to argue with you right now.  18 offensive innings, and we've put a zero up in 17 of them.
Hey I hope I'm wrong and cutch becomes cutch agin marte gets his power back polonco hits 30 bombs and so on

True. Cause the flip side of what I said is that we've played 18 defensive innings, and put up zeros in 17 of them. I truly believe the pitching is good enough to get this team to October. I don't think Cutch will ever get back to MVP level, but I also don't think he and Marte are going to go 0-for the season either.
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

737B784F597C5B543A0 wrote: Well, it's hard to argue with you right now.  18 offensive innings, and we've put a zero up in 17 of them.

True.  Cause the flip side of what I said is that we've played 18 defensive innings, and put up zeros in 17 of them.  I truly believe the pitching is good enough to get this team to October.  I don't think Cutch will ever get back to MVP level, but I also don't think he and Marte are going to go 0-for the season either.

Of course they will hit just don't know if they will hit enough that's why they play the games
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

they need to just walk Pedroia here
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This homeplate umpire tonight has missed some strike calls tonight that are just flat out inexcusable. The one he missed on the 2-1 pitch to Pedroia just now from Watson was ridiculous.