Pirates HOF . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Pirates HOF . . .

Post by Bobster21 »

4E6F674E656D0A0 wrote: I forgot about Parker. Certainly! And I think Blass was named for his work both on the mound and in the booth. That opens the door for Prince. I wouldn't object to Greg Brown for the reasons Sammy mentioned. I find his overuse of nicknames and catch phrases annoying but otherwise think he's a very good PBP announcer. I also realize Prince was probably the king of nicknames and catch phrases but it seemed natural with him. To me, it seems somewhat forced with Brown as if he wants to do it because Prince did it. But otherwise I like him as an announcer.

And of course managers. Murtaugh for sure.

And no fan voting!!! (Sorry, Possum. :))

Fan voting was only a suggestion.  I was thinking that it would be some way for Nutting to charge fans more and add to his profits.   ;D

:D :D :D
sgrx

Pirates HOF . . .

Post by sgrx »

Surprised nobody mentioned Lanny Fratarre. Longevity alone gets him consideration. 30 plus years in the booth. No doubt about it!
johnfluharty

Pirates HOF . . .

Post by johnfluharty »

4A5E4B41390 wrote: Surprised nobody mentioned Lanny Fratarre.  Longevity alone gets him consideration.  30 plus years in the booth.  No doubt about it!

Definitely. I was pretty upset when they let him go.
DemDog

Pirates HOF . . .

Post by DemDog »

595C5B5D555F465B5241474A330 wrote: Surprised nobody mentioned Lanny Fratarre.  Longevity alone gets him consideration.  30 plus years in the booth.  No doubt about it!

Definitely.  I was pretty upset when they let him go.

I was not a big fan of Lanny. Not upset about him leaving but would not have been sad if he stayed longer. Right now I would love Lanny back in the booth in place of Joe Block. Actually no play-by-play would be better than having to put up with Block any longer. Just dead air except for Walkie or The Rock chiming in with some analysis.