Official Game Thread - 4/11 - Bucs vs Cubbies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

07203135302D12263130302D540 wrote: This has been a nice bounce back for what it’s worth these last 2 games with the Cubs. They had to stop the bleeding here somehow after that horrible series in Cincy and that tough loss here on opening day. I just don’t think the NL Central is all that good. I think that will go a long way to keeping the Pirates from being historically bad this year. They are gonna win some games and some series on occasion like they are gonna do against the Cubs this weekend that will keep them from losing the 115-120 games that many people continue to predict they will do.

I'm hoping the NL Central is like the NFC East was in the NFL last season. It that is the case we will win more games then most thought.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

567B76676071662625140 wrote: First series win of the year. Good work, boys. Love it coming over the Cubs.
It's nice to be on the good side of a poor Trevor Williams outing.

HA! Nice of Williams to finally help out.
2drfischer@gmail.c

How long will management go before deciding it's time to send Polanco home? I know we're less than 10 games in but it's not just his performance this year, the poor play goes back much longer. His teammates deserve better, as do the fans.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

114751454A50404B465163444E424A4F0D40230 wrote: How long will management go before deciding it's time to send Polanco home?  I know we're less than 10 games in but it's not just his performance this year, the poor play goes back much longer.  His teammates deserve better, as do the fans.
My guess is that at least they give him 2 months to see if he breaks out of his funk.
2drfischer@gmail.c

222E2F747D747C71766973440 wrote: How long will management go before deciding it's time to send Polanco home?  I know we're less than 10 games in but it's not just his performance this year, the poor play goes back much longer.  His teammates deserve better, as do the fans.
My guess is that at least they give him 2 months to see if he breaks out of his funk.

Does it matter if he breaks out of his funk? His history is that he'll return to it soon thereafter. With him not part of the future, and the team likely headed for around 100 losses, why waste the two months?  Those two months are an opportunity to look at other players in RF. 
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

2A7C6A7E716B7B707D6A587F75797174367B180 wrote: How long will management go before deciding it's time to send Polanco home?  I know we're less than 10 games in but it's not just his performance this year, the poor play goes back much longer.  His teammates deserve better, as do the fans.

Does it matter if he breaks out of his funk?  His history is that he'll return to it soon thereafter. With him not part of the future, and the team likely headed for around 100 losses, why waste the two months?  Those two months are an opportunity to look at other players in RF. 

It may depend on Evans and keeping him in the line up until he shows he doesn't belong (hopefully in 2025),

If minors were underway and somebody like Oliva or Swaggerty were killing the ball, Polonco might be gone sooner. Also if both Fowler and Alford start to show something would help push him out the door.
2drfischer@gmail.c

426465726474070 wrote: How long will management go before deciding it's time to send Polanco home?  I know we're less than 10 games in but it's not just his performance this year, the poor play goes back much longer.  His teammates deserve better, as do the fans.

Does it matter if he breaks out of his funk?  His history is that he'll return to it soon thereafter. With him not part of the future, and the team likely headed for around 100 losses, why waste the two months?  Those two months are an opportunity to look at other players in RF. 

It may depend on Evans and keeping him in the line up until he shows he doesn't belong (hopefully in 2025),

If minors were underway and somebody like Oliva or Swaggerty were killing the ball, Polonco might be gone sooner.  Also if both Fowler and Alford start to show something would help push him out the door.

The sooner one of the guys you mentioned, or someone else coming here in a deal can out perform Polanco (how hard can that be), the quicker the Pirates can move on from him.