Surgnbuck

Official Game Thread - 4/11 - Bucs vs Cubbies

Post by Surgnbuck »

Let's Go Bucs!!!!

In the words of dearly departed Robert Graham: "Beat em bloody!!"
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Brubaker with a two run single to make it 3-1. Evans continues to hit as well.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Brubaker has more RBIs than Polanco, Fowler, Perez, Difo and Newman combined.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Another RBI for Brubaker makes it 4-1.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Williams is struggling like he did with the Pirates.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Evans needs to stay in the lineup when Hayes returns period. If they aren’t gonna take Polanco out the lineup in RF the next option would be to move Reynolds to center field and play Evans in Left. The bottom line is he has to be in the lineup now everyday somewhere.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4D6A7B7F7A67586C7B7A7A671E0 wrote: Evans needs to stay in the lineup when Hayes returns period. If they aren’t gonna take Polanco out the lineup in RF the next option would be to move Reynolds to center field and play Evans in Left. The bottom line is he has to be in the lineup now everyday somewhere.
I think that's what they'll do. (Evans LF, Reynolds CF).
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7C5B4A4E4B56695D4A4B4B562F0 wrote: Evans needs to stay in the lineup when Hayes returns period. If they aren’t gonna take Polanco out the lineup in RF the next option would be to move Reynolds to center field and play Evans in Left. The bottom line is he has to be in the lineup now everyday somewhere.
I remember when his name came up early in Spring Training I said that he certainly didn't impress me and was a bench player at best. So far he certainly has proven me wrong
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0A3431392A323239193C2B386F5D0 wrote: Evans needs to stay in the lineup when Hayes returns period. If they aren’t gonna take Polanco out the lineup in RF the next option would be to move Reynolds to center field and play Evans in Left. The bottom line is he has to be in the lineup now everyday somewhere.
I remember when his name came up early in Spring Training I said that he certainly didn't impress me  and was a bench player at best. So far he certainly has proven me wrong
During ST he didn't even seem like a sure bet to make the team. And it seemed like he made it because of his versatility off the bench. Not because he was perceived to be an impact player. In ST they said the CF job was up for grabs and that Reynolds was a possibility there. Which would have opened up LF for Evans if they had wanted. But they seemed to prefer Alford/Fowler in CF which left Evans on the bench. But Hayes' injury made a starter of Evans and I think they have to see that it's his bat they need in the lineup and not Alford/Fowler. I think when Hayes returns, Reynolds slides over to CF with Evans in LF.