Unofficial OBN WBC Thread . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'm already worried about Cutch. He's 1-10 so far in the WBC (although he has made solid contact a few times) and has been ejected for arguing balls and strikes. I know it's VERY early ... but I hope these are not early warning signs of a repeat of 2016.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

He has one of the lowest averages on the team. He's been batting sixth mostly too.

Polanco is tearing it up. He is probably the MVP at this point. Marte is hitting too.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

McCutchen with a big double to knock in two runs to lock up the win last night. He has been hitting the ball hard, they just aren't falling. i still haven't seen him make a play in RF with the limited action I have watched.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

767D75797C7D662325526B737A7D7D3C717D120 wrote: McCutchen with a big double to knock in two runs to lock up the win last night.  He has been hitting the ball hard, they just aren't falling.  i still haven't seen him make a play in RF with the limited action I have watched.

I saw him make one, going back and to his right. He looked good out there, I thought.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Did you see Molina's play last night? It was one of the best plays I have ever seen. It shows the difference in generations too.

Profar celebrating a non-scoring single and Molina threw behind him and caught him sleeping in the first inning. The next batter hit a HR. Profar's team lost by one in extra innings.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Cutch hitting leadoff and playing RF tonight for Team USA, and J-Hay is batting ninth and playing 2B. And I don't think Leyland is doing it just for the PT. He's having Posey catch back to back games.

Personally, I'll be glad when the WBC is over and we can get these two back.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Well, I clearly erred. My bad.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Cutch comes up with hit to drive in 4th run 4-0. Cutch now 1-3 but he really looked bad the 1st 2 times up. He looks like he did last year to me. If he has another year like last year we're screwed cause Hurdle will not move him out of the critical part of our batting order. Batting him 2nd and 3rd with the year he had last year was just crazy. As you probably can tell I'm not a big fan of Hurdle.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

McCutchen has been coming through the last few games in the WBC. It's good to see him warming up.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Gotta say I'm impressed with the WBC and the way the players and fans treated th game.  jimmy Leyland was very emotional.  All very cool.  Maybe the WBC has a real future. 

I wonder how many of the players that refused to play are regretting their decision right now?

Good to see Cutch and JHay part of the scene.