4/8 Game Thread Kuhl Runnings...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

And one more, not unheard of for sure but I bet fairly rare: Pirates have turned 4 double plays through 6 innings. I bet the Braves' announcers are going crazy.
rucker59@gmail.com

050E060A0F0E155056211800090E0E4F020E610 wrote: Unheard of stats of the day:

In Philly, the Nats' pitchers are having a grand old time giving up 12 runs in the 1st inning.  Guthery is credited with 11 runs and sports a 135.5 ERA, managing to take the glare of the spot light off of Frankie Whatshisname in Toronto who exited the 1st inning yesterday with an ERA of 135.0.

Unreal.  I never seen that before and now it happened again?

Frankie gave up 5 recording 1 out. Guthery (sp?) gave up 11 recording 2 outs. I'm sure there have been plenty of relievers that have carried ERA in that range, never heard of a starter much less 2 at the same time.

My son asked a great Q: if the Jays allowed Frankie to pitch a complete game, how long would the game last to give up 135 runs? I told him I'd rather try to figure out what time a train leaving New York would pass a train leaving LA on the way to Chicago....
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

787F69616F783F334A6D676B6366246965670A0 wrote: Unheard of stats of the day:

In Philly, the Nats' pitchers are having a grand old time giving up 12 runs in the 1st inning.  Guthery is credited with 11 runs and sports a 135.5 ERA, managing to take the glare of the spot light off of Frankie Whatshisname in Toronto who exited the 1st inning yesterday with an ERA of 135.0.

Frankie gave up 5 recording 1 out.  Guthery (sp?) gave up 11 recording 2 outs.  I'm sure there have been plenty of relievers that have carried ERA in that range, never heard of a starter much less 2 at the same time. 

My son asked a great Q: if the Jays allowed Frankie to pitch a complete game, how long would the game last to give up 135 runs?  I told him I'd rather try to figure out what time a train leaving New York would pass a train leaving LA on the way to Chicago....

15 hours. On 8/22/07, Texas beat Baltimore 30-3. The game took 3 hours, 21 minutes. If 30 runs takes 3.3 hours, 135 runs takes 14.85 hours as long as the losing team doesn't also score a bunch of runs.
rucker59@gmail.com

082528393E2F38787B4A0 wrote: Unheard of stats of the day:

Frankie gave up 5 recording 1 out.  Guthery (sp?) gave up 11 recording 2 outs.  I'm sure there have been plenty of relievers that have carried ERA in that range, never heard of a starter much less 2 at the same time. 

My son asked a great Q: if the Jays allowed Frankie to pitch a complete game, how long would the game last to give up 135 runs?  I told him I'd rather try to figure out what time a train leaving New York would pass a train leaving LA on the way to Chicago....

15 hours. On 8/22/07, Texas beat Baltimore 30-3. The game took 3 hours, 21 minutes. If 30 runs takes 3.3 hours, 135 runs takes 14.85 hours as long as the losing team doesn't also score a bunch of runs.   

;D

So if the Jays and Nats were to play and it was Frankie v Guthery it would be a 30 hour game, unless of course it was tied after 9 at 135-135.

Meanwhile, I've lost track of one train in Duluth and the other in jackson Ms. :-?

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

I know Hurdle is a formula guy but he's definitely going to blow a game by bringing Watson in the 9th. Watson's hardest fastball was 93 mph tonight and most of them were 91 or 92 mph. He's down at least 3 mph tonight. When he was effective he was throwing 95 to 97 mph. I haven't seen him much this year, but his speed was way down tonight. Maybe cold weather but he cannot be effective throwing 92 mph.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Kuhl had the worst game in his ML career. He couldn't throw strikes at all tonight. Hopefully because his turn was delayed by 3 games and he was just off because of that, man we were lucky tonight. Braves played awful defense gave us 4 runs.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Too many walks from a Kuhl tonight. The bullpen locked this game down with four good innings.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

2B2320170124030C620 wrote: BTW...I've never really tried this before, but with MLB.tv, you have the option of watching the Braves feed, and overlaying the Pirates radio on it.  It actually syncs up quite well.

It never works for me in NC. Forced to listen to Chip tonight.

It was awful.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

776F6D6A6A7D6C6B767761040 wrote: I know Hurdle is a formula guy but he's definitely going to blow a game by bringing Watson in the 9th.  Watson's hardest fastball was 93 mph tonight and most of them were 91 or 92 mph.  He's down at least 3 mph tonight.  When he was effective he was throwing 95 to 97 mph.  I haven't seen him much this year, but his speed was way down tonight.   Maybe cold weather but he cannot be effective throwing 92 mph.

Not the cold weather .That's about where he was finishing off last season. It's a matter of time before Hudson or Rivero takes over. But knowing Hurdle it will be later than sooner.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

6A6D7C6F7C2D20190 wrote: I know Hurdle is a formula guy but he's definitely going to blow a game by bringing Watson in the 9th.  Watson's hardest fastball was 93 mph tonight and most of them were 91 or 92 mph.  He's down at least 3 mph tonight.  When he was effective he was throwing 95 to 97 mph.  I haven't seen him much this year, but his speed was way down tonight.   Maybe cold weather but he cannot be effective throwing 92 mph.

Not the cold weather .That's about where he was finishing off last season. It's a matter of time before Hudson or Rivero takes over. But knowing Hurdle it will be later than sooner.
Rivero should be the closer period. But you're right Hurdle is going to lose some games before he will change to Rivero if ever, and those games could be the difference in wildcard bid. Hurdle is a disaster.