4/8 Game Thread Kuhl Runnings...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Let's see if we can make it two in a row tonight and go for the sweep tomorrow with Cole Train on the mound.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I am surprised that Harrison is moving to 3B tonight. I am not sure if I like moving him around for a bench player.

Any word on Freese? Is he just being rested or is he actually hurt?
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Kuhl nearly wiped out the batter, Cervelli and the Ump on one pitch. All three looked like they were reacting.

He's off to a really bad start to say the least, down 2-0 already and two on base.
rucker59@gmail.com

Yeah - Chad Kuhl busting down the line is safe on an error, allowing the tying run to score! Bases juiced for Starling!
rucker59@gmail.com

Unheard of stats of the day:

In Philly, the Nats' pitchers are having a grand old time giving up 12 runs in the 1st inning. Guthery is credited with 11 runs and sports a 135.5 ERA, managing to take the glare of the spot light off of Frankie Whatshisname in Toronto who exited the 1st inning yesterday with an ERA of 135.0.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Braves announcer says the error to Marte will have to be changed because the ball didn't touch anyone. I learned the rule as a child (listening to Bob Prince) that an error is charged if the play should have been made with routine effort. Just like if a slow roller goes between an infielder's legs without being touched. It's an obvious error regardless of not being touched. When an outfielder stands and watches a routine fly ball land next to him it's an error regardless of whether it was touched. Hard to believe a MLB announcer thinks the ball has to be touched to be an error.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

BTW...I've never really tried this before, but with MLB.tv, you have the option of watching the Braves feed, and overlaying the Pirates radio on it. It actually syncs up quite well.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

2B2C3A323C2B6C60193E34383035773A3634590 wrote: Unheard of stats of the day:

In Philly, the Nats' pitchers are having a grand old time giving up 12 runs in the 1st inning.  Guthery is credited with 11 runs and sports a 135.5 ERA, managing to take the glare of the spot light off of Frankie Whatshisname in Toronto who exited the 1st inning yesterday with an ERA of 135.0.

Unreal. I never seen that before and now it happened again?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

212A222E2B2A317472053C242D2A2A6B262A450 wrote: Unheard of stats of the day:

In Philly, the Nats' pitchers are having a grand old time giving up 12 runs in the 1st inning.  Guthery is credited with 11 runs and sports a 135.5 ERA, managing to take the glare of the spot light off of Frankie Whatshisname in Toronto who exited the 1st inning yesterday with an ERA of 135.0.

Unreal.  I never seen that before and now it happened again?

Meanwhile the Pirates have two relievers with matching ERAs of 81.00.
rucker59@gmail.com

1st time I've ever seen a man on 1st base advance all the way home on 3 straight wild pitches/passed balls.