Derek Holland to ChicSox

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by IABucFan »

152E242F03470 wrote: Lets go get Kazmir from LA . Give them nothin and Pirates take on  the contract.

We then have a #3 at least and a lefty.

For being a team supposedly trying to reduce debt and being in dire financial straits, the Dodgers sure are spending like there is no tomorrow. I figured they'd lose one or both of Jansen and Turner.
mouse

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by mouse »

I saw something this morning (on MLBTR, I think) that said they don't really have to be down until the end of the 2018 season, due to the way the higher penalties phase in. Their concern, incidentally, wasn't so much the tax as the loss of draft picks that high and repeat offenders get. They have three big salaries coming off their books next year to assist in the salary diet. Here is a link through from MLBTR to the article they were citing --

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/l ... story.html
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

457E747F53170 wrote: Lets go get Kazmir from LA . Give them nothin and Pirates take on  the contract.

That is $35 million the next two years.

Good idea, though.
timozbuck

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by timozbuck »

404B434F4A4B501513645D454C4B4B0A474B240 wrote: Lets go get Kazmir from LA . Give them nothin and Pirates take on  the contract.

Good idea, though. 

Nutting writing a check for $35 million............ :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
BucsFaninGA

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Wouldn't mind Kamir at all, Bucs tried to sign him last off season. Still think we need to add a lefty to starting rotation.

Neal Huntington must be waiting to see what Ivan Nova is going to do. If they are able to sign Nova, I would hope they go after Kazmir.

Looks like Cubbies are pursuing Ross formerly of the Friars. Cubs have the bucks to land him...

Beat'em Bucs :P
mouse

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by mouse »

They also are in a position where they can afford to wait if he isn't ready in April. The Pirates have a much greater need for someone they can depend on to be ready.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

3D202426332B3C2A22490 wrote: Lets go get Kazmir from LA . Give them nothin and Pirates take on  the contract.

Good idea, though. 

Nutting writing a check for $35 million............ :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

McCutchen, Harrison, Liriano, Cervelli laugh now too.