Derek Holland to ChicSox

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BucsFaninGA

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Saw earlier today that Derek Holland is close to finalizing deal with Chicago WhiteSox. He was rumored to be on the Bucs list of potential reclamation project starting pitchers.

Not disappointed as Holland appeared to be regressing and had a habit of injuries...Sure he could rack up some innings, but did not appear to be a solid #3 starter...

Wonder what Neal Huntington has up his sleeve beside his arm, LOL? Hoping it is a dependable starting pitcher that throws lefty....

Beat'em Bucs :D
SammyKhalifa

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'm not sure how much sense it makes for a rebuilding White Sox to bring him in though? Maybe he was low salary?
fjk090852-7

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I guess I am holding out hope for a reunion with Nova or an incentive contract with Tyson Ross.
SammyKhalifa

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by SammyKhalifa »

414D4C171E171F12150A10270 wrote: I guess I am holding out hope for a reunion with Nova or an incentive contract with Tyson Ross. 

I agree, though I'd replace "or" with "and"
SammyKhalifa

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by SammyKhalifa »

414D4C171E171F12150A10270 wrote: I guess I am holding out hope for a reunion with Nova or an incentive contract with Tyson Ross. 

I agree, though I'd replace "or" with "and"
fjk090852-7

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by fjk090852-7 »

You sign both Nova and Ross and I am sure the Bucs with the remainder of their team wins 90 games, and qualifies for the post season.
OrlandoMerced

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Ross is probably a one year dice throw that some other team should make. Where is he in his rehab? It's hard to imagine that the Padres would have non-tendered him if he were on track to pitch in the first half.

Nova, they need to just wait that out. When he's ready to accept a 2-3 year deal, then get into the bidding.
SammyKhalifa

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by SammyKhalifa »

7A4759545B515A785047565051350 wrote: Ross is probably a one year dice throw that some other team should make.  Where is he in his rehab?  It's hard to imagine that the Padres would have non-tendered him if he were on track to pitch in the first half.

Nova, they need to just wait that out.  When he's ready to accept a 2-3 year deal, then get into the bidding.

Yeah, understand Ross isn't a given for next year, but I think it's worth the gamble. Between him and Nova (who I think is also being a bit overrated atm) I think you have something for the middle of the rotation.
BucsFaninGA

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by BucsFaninGA »

I agree adding Ross and Nova would solidify the staff :D
RichD

Derek Holland to ChicSox

Post by RichD »

Lets go get Kazmir from LA . Give them nothin and Pirates take on the contract.

We then have a #3 at least and a lefty.