Bucs Need To Acquire a Fourth Oiutfielder

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

784D5A5A51685A5A51565A3F0 wrote: I was taking into account who runs the show.  Heck, I'd take the next door neighbor over anything we have at this point. 

Now you're beginning to sound like Mr. Rogers. Do you have a sweater knitted by your mother and some cool keds sneakers to wear to the ball games? :D :D :D :D
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

09282009222A4D0 wrote: I was taking into account who runs the show.  Heck, I'd take the next door neighbor over anything we have at this point. 

Now you're beginning to sound like Mr. Rogers.  Do you have a sweater knitted by your mother and some cool keds sneakers to wear to the ball games?   :D :D :D :D

That definitely would be a wardrobe improvement ;D
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

76514044415C63574041415C250 wrote: I agree I think they have enough young guys in their system to just go with somebody from within and not go out and sign a veteran which isn’t going to make a difference at all. Personally, I want the Pirates to start fast tracking more of these guys to the Majors within the next year or so. The only way I think a lot of these guys will get good in the Majors is by playing in the Majors. If a lot of these guys are top tier prospects the Pirates need to start playing them like top tier prospects. I wanna see Henry Davis in the Majors next season not in 2024 if he is a top overall pick type of talent he should be up here next season sometime period. I don’t know how Cherrington will treat these top tier prospects compared to how Huntington did but I am just tired of seeing guys taking 3-4-5 years developing these players. Get them up here and get them playing period. Players such as Cruz, Gonzales, Puguero, Priester, Contreras, Mlodzinski and other guys like Fraizer, Bae, Swaggerty, Mason Martin just to name a few others should all be up here sometime later this season or to start next season period. If a lot of these guys are top prospects like many of them are then it’s time to start treating them like top talent.
I totally agree and have been wanting this to happen for years now. I think if they're really a top tier prospect they can succeed with a early call up.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

07393C34273F3F341431263562500 wrote: I was taking into account who runs the show.  Heck, I'd take the next door neighbor over anything we have at this point. 

Now you're beginning to sound like Mr. Rogers.  Do you have a sweater knitted by your mother and some cool keds sneakers to wear to the ball games?   :D :D :D :D

That definitely would be a wardrobe improvement  ;D

This, coming from a guy who, if it wasn't for the WWHS duds that he was given as samples 25 years ago and have have holes in them, would have to run around nekked. 

Thank God for those samples is all I have to say.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5164737378417373787F73160 wrote: I was taking into account who runs the show.  Heck, I'd take the next door neighbor over anything we have at this point. 

This, coming from a guy who, if it wasn't for the WWHS duds that he was given as samples 25 years ago and have have holes in them, would have to run around nekked. 

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1E20252D3E26262D0D283F2C7B490 wrote: I was taking into account who runs the show.  Heck, I'd take the next door neighbor over anything we have at this point. 

You failed to mention all the perks I received from Nike and Adidas. Maybe I will send you a few of my hand-me-downs
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

It looks like Swaggerty was optioned to Indy. With all the time he has missed in the last few years I think he has fallen as far as being a top prospect. In Indy, he can re-establish himself as a decent, not great prospect. I think he can hear the kids behind him making some noise.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Just so that's not the annual farting contest ringing in his ears.....and, nose. ;)