Reynolds Requests Trade

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by Surgnbuck »

Andrew Heaney to the Rangers for 2/25 with an opt out for '23, and potential bonuses that could push it to 40 million.

Wow. Another splash move for a pitcher with quite the injury history.
Ecbucs

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by Ecbucs »

I told my kid, I wish he'd played more baseball. He responded with this:

I think I would hate baseball if I played it

A lot of the guys have terrible attitudes towards others

Its been the same no matter where I go high school, west (college he used to go to)and here (one he goes to now)

There are guys who are nice of course not all of them are like that

But a big majority think they are “the stuff”

And I either would become one of them or hate being around it

I knew that a lot of students said similar things about the local high school baseball players but didn't expect my kid to feel the same way about college players.

JollyRoger

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by JollyRoger »

062D2C29292C2B163124312C2A2B450 wrote: "The Blue Jays are a team to watch in the Bryan Reynolds market. They have interest in him and want to add an athletic switch hitter to their outfield. Based on strong industry interest, Jays would likely need to include Tiedemann or Martínez to have high offer." - Moro

I like the fat catcher the Jays have,they need to add him to any trade.

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/15 ... 5885814784

I would be very pleased if the Pirates could get Tiedermann as part of the package for Reynolds. We need a stud LH dominating pitcher!
UtahPirate

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by UtahPirate »

It's insanity in San Diego. Some of these contracts for middling players - or length of contract for fairly good players - are mind blowing. Seems like the GMs do this every few years and then come back to their senses for a couple (after signing too many albatross contracts) ... before doing it all over again.

Reynolds value goes up significantly when Haniger can get $43.5 for 3, or Bell can get $33 for two. Hoping someone will overpay just as insanely in prospects for him. I really think this is the year we need to make the trade.

mouse

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by mouse »

Before we get too upset with Reynolds, keep in mind these are all negotiations. One side or the other felt commenting on a trade would help with secondary pressure on the other. Aaron Judge had a complaint about this point with the Yankees:

"Before Opening Day and Judge’s deadline to reach a contract extension, GM Brian Cashman held a press conference in which he announced the Yankees had offered Judge a seven-year, $213 million that he turned down.

“We kind of said, ‘Hey, let’s keep this between us,’” Judge said. “I was a little upset that the numbers came out. I understand it’s a negotiation tactic. Put pressure on me. Turn the fans against me, turn the media on me. That part of it I didn’t like.”

If he wasn't willing to stay in Pittsburgh, he wouldn't be negotiating at all, he'd just play out his contract then go free-agent route - although he likely would be traded when the first big Arb award was threatened. As is, I expect him to be traded at the deadline this summer, assuming a decent year.