Game today 9/11...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Game today 9/11...

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea just completely embarrassing what happened here these last 10 games. This season can't end soon enough. I'm with VA as I have mentioned before if they made some trades and shook somethings up I wouldn't mind. The Pirates aren't even going to have a winning season it looks like this season and that is unacceptable with as much talent this team has. This can't happen again next season without heads rolling.
CarolinaBucco

Game today 9/11...

Post by CarolinaBucco »

So much has gone wrong this year, but I think you can lay 80% of the problems at the foot of 3 lockers:

1. Cutch. Just a brutal season all the way around. The hitting was bad and somehow the defense was even worse. And the worst part, as I noted during my trip there in early August, was that his body language on the field looked he didn't even care.

2. Cole. If basically gave us the production of a bad No. 5 starter. Instead of the team winning 20+ of his starts, I think we've won 8.

3. Cervelli ... ZERO production.

There are other guilty parties, of course. Jaso, Watson, Marte's (lack of) power, Liriano, Locke and on and on and on.

But there's no way back in March that anyone could have envisioned the horrific seasons and total lack of production that Cutch, Cole and Cervelli would have this year.
Ecbucs

Game today 9/11...

Post by Ecbucs »

6B4C5D595C417E4A5D5C5C41380 wrote: Yea just completely embarrassing what happened here these last 10 games. This season can't end soon enough. I'm with VA as I have mentioned before if they made some trades and shook somethings up I wouldn't mind. The Pirates aren't even going to have a winning season it looks like this season and that is unacceptable with as much talent this team has. This can't happen again next season without heads rolling.

These are bad losses. The Reds played with a lot of players that aren't very good and kicked the Bucs tails. luckily Hamilton didn't play or the Reds might have had a sweep.
SteadyFreddy

Game today 9/11...

Post by SteadyFreddy »

4D6B6A7D6B7B080 wrote: Yea just completely embarrassing what happened here these last 10 games. This season can't end soon enough. I'm with VA as I have mentioned before if they made some trades and shook somethings up I wouldn't mind. The Pirates aren't even going to have a winning season it looks like this season and that is unacceptable with as much talent this team has. This can't happen again next season without heads rolling.

These are bad losses. The Reds played with a lot of players that aren't very good and kicked the Bucs tails.  luckily Hamilton didn't play or the Reds might have had a sweep. I think a lot of the fanbase will give this season a pass because of the success the team has had the last 3 seasons. However, when next season rolls around they aren't going to be able to use that excuse anymore because this season is going to be the most recent season in the fans memory. Hurdle and the staff can also get a free pass as well but at some point if this continues they most definitely shouldn't. If fans are going to credit Clint when he wins then you better blame him when they lose and especially lose the way they have been losing.
Jerseykc

Game today 9/11...

Post by Jerseykc »

6F737E6868621B0 wrote: and there is no reason, barring injury, to take Glasnow out with only 2 innings to go

let him pitch it through

That's tough.  You don't want to see the young guys babied too much, but you also don't want a guy you hope is a future top of the rotation type guy getting smoked and ending the season with an ERA of 8.  Pitchers are head cases, rookie pitchers especially. I can see why they yanked him.

Can't agree with you thessy. Glasnow faced Holt in the minors...and he should have no problem with this Reds lineup

If the guy can't face a bases loaded situation with no pressure in a 7-0 game then he should start the season in AAA
mouse

Game today 9/11...

Post by mouse »

This will be an interesting off-season.
Bobster21

Game today 9/11...

Post by Bobster21 »

56544E485E3B0 wrote: This will be an interesting off-season.
Interesting only in the sense of how much the fans expect and how little the FO does in order to save money.
skinnyhorse

Game today 9/11...

Post by skinnyhorse »

77504145405D62564140405D240 wrote: Yea just completely embarrassing what happened here these last 10 games. This season can't end soon enough. I'm with VA as I have mentioned before if they made some trades and shook somethings up I wouldn't mind. The Pirates aren't even going to have a winning season it looks like this season and that is unacceptable with as much talent this team has. This can't happen again next season without heads rolling.
You are right on Freddy this team has some tremendous talent but you wouldn't know it by the way they are playing. Hurdle's time is past we need to move on quickly. Hire the manager from Philadelphia he seems to have gotten the most out of a team with little talent.