Game today 9/11...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Game today 9/11...

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates are down 5-0 in the bottom of the 2nd and get the bases loaded with nobody out and of course do not score. To make matters worse Hurdle lets Vogelsong bat after Stewart struck out instead of pinch hitting for him in a game that you absolutely have to win. These are things about Hurdle that are really starting to get on my nerves. You gotta hit for Vogelsong there and give your team a chance to score some runs and get back in the game.
Bobster21

Game today 9/11...

Post by Bobster21 »

An error by Cutch and 2 misplayed balls by Bell. This team plays like it has no idea how.
steve49

Game today 9/11...

Post by steve49 »

331405010419261205040419600 wrote: The Pirates are down 5-0 in the bottom of the 2nd and get the bases loaded with nobody out and of course do not score. To make matters worse Hurdle lets Vogelsong bat after Stewart struck out instead of pinch hitting for him in a game that you absolutely have to win. These are things about Hurdle that are really starting to get on my nerves. You gotta hit for Vogelsong there and give your team a chance to score some runs and get back in the game.

You would think it's automatic considering you have expanded rosters and like you say is a must win. I think Hurdle didn't want to "disrespect" Vogelsong by lifting him after 2 innings. This "respect" thing is IMO the driving force in way , way to many of Hurdle's decisions.
mouse

Game today 9/11...

Post by mouse »

I've been able to reconcile this in my mind by saying that the Pirates have written off the year and are now looking at guys for next year. That, of course, does not explain Rodriquez at second. Was there any explanation why Hanson or someone like that wasn't trying there?
SteadyFreddy

Game today 9/11...

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Glasnow looks like a mess out there. I know he is still young and can get better and mature but he looks nowhere near ready to be a dominant Major League pitcher. It's a bit concerning if you ask me.
Jerseykc

Game today 9/11...

Post by Jerseykc »

00273632372A15213637372A530 wrote: The Pirates are down 5-0 in the bottom of the 2nd and get the bases loaded with nobody out and of course do not score. To make matters worse Hurdle lets Vogelsong bat after Stewart struck out instead of pinch hitting for him in a game that you absolutely have to win. These are things about Hurdle that are really starting to get on my nerves. You gotta hit for Vogelsong there and give your team a chance to score some runs and get back in the game.

Freddy, I love your optimism but there are no more must win games for our Buccos this year.

Put all the kids out on the field an hope we can find out what they are made of going into '17.

CarolinaBucco

Game today 9/11...

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Reds had lost 8 of 10 coming into this series and were just going through the motions of a lost season.

So of course they win 3 of 4 as the Pirates continue to lay down.

The current version of this Pirates team is ROTTEN. Absolutely rotten.

And I realize it doesn't matter any more, but I swear if you go back over the last 4 years, and look back at every team every time they had bases loaded and no outs, I will guarantee you the Pirates are last in baseball at converting that situation into runs.

When the Pirates load 'em with no outs, it's their worst-case scenario ... and it is infuriating.

Pirates needed an 8-2 homestand.

Instead they get 2-8 ... including 1-6 vs. Brewers & Reds.
Jerseykc

Game today 9/11...

Post by Jerseykc »

547665787B7E79765562747478170 wrote: Reds had lost 8 of 10 coming into this series and were just going through the motions of a lost season.

So of course they win 3 of 4 as the Pirates continue to lay down.

The current version of this Pirates team is ROTTEN. Absolutely rotten.

And I realize it doesn't matter any more, but I swear if you go back over the last 4 years, and look back at every team every time they had bases loaded and no outs, I will guarantee you the Pirates are last in baseball at converting that situation into runs.

When the Pirates load 'em with no outs, it's their worst-case scenario ... and it is infuriating.

Pirates needed an 8-2 homestand.

Instead they get 2-8 ... including 1-6 vs. Brewers & Reds.

But we're super great at mugging for the cameras and stuff...

:-[
Jerseykc

Game today 9/11...

Post by Jerseykc »

and there is no reason, barring injury, to take Glasnow out with only 2 innings to go

let him pitch it through
thessy

Game today 9/11...

Post by thessy »

032C3B3A2C30222A490 wrote: and there is no reason, barring injury, to take Glasnow out with only 2 innings to go

let him pitch it through

That's tough. You don't want to see the young guys babied too much, but you also don't want a guy you hope is a future top of the rotation type guy getting smoked and ending the season with an ERA of 8. Pitchers are head cases, rookie pitchers especially. I can see why they yanked him.