Reynolds Requests Trade

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by GreenWeenie »

674146535A5641575F340 wrote: liar and quitter my hind end.

He's among the better players in the game and deserves the same rewards as others receive.  If he can't get it from the Pittsburgh Pirates, he will get it from a competitor.

The Pirates- as always- have the money.

Does anyone truly think that Reynolds is asking for >30 mpy?  I don't.

He's doing his club a favor.  He's telling them that if they have no plans to pay him, then they're better off dealing him.  And, he's correct.

The Liars are anyone who has told us that they'll spend money when the time is right.

The Liars told us that the stadium would make us competitive.

The Liars told us that we'd be consistently competitive for championships.  We can't even win a division championship.

Be realistic. Most of the players who follow Reynolds have the same desire.  They know the Pirates.  Everyone does.

He's a liar and a quitter. Pure an simple. He's over rated here as a defender. Reynolds gets a free pass for everything he does and doesn't do. I wonder why that is?  He can't drive in a guy from third base for 4 months, not a peep. Hayes throws some seeds in his mouth, and he's villifed for life.

Real fair and balanced around here.

Same city that called Roberto Clemente a whiner until he died.

Same city that threw batteries at Dave Parker.

Same city that hated Barry Bonds.

Same city that badmouthed Andrew McCutchen.

Anyone around who knows baseball talent and respects it?

No wonder the guy wants traded.

No wonder we lose.
JollyRoger

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by JollyRoger »

487D6A6A61586A6A61666A0F0 wrote: liar and quitter my hind end.

He's among the better players in the game and deserves the same rewards as others receive.  If he can't get it from the Pittsburgh Pirates, he will get it from a competitor.

He's doing his club a favor.  He's telling them that if they have no plans to pay him, then they're better off dealing him.  And, he's correct.

The Liars are anyone who has told us that they'll spend money when the time is right.

The Liars told us that we'd be consistently competitive for championships.  We can't even win a division championship.

Be realistic. Most of the players who follow Reynolds have the same desire.  They know the Pirates.  Everyone does.

He's a liar and a quitter. Pure an simple. He's over rated here as a defender. Reynolds gets a free pass for everything he does and doesn't do. I wonder why that is?  He can't drive in a guy from third base for 4 months, not a peep. Hayes throws some seeds in his mouth, and he's villifed for life.

Same city that called Roberto Clemente a whiner until he died.

Same city that threw batteries at Dave Parker.

Same city that hated Barry Bonds.

Same city that badmouthed Andrew McCutchen.

Anyone around who knows baseball talent and respects it?

No wonder the guy wants traded.

No wonder we lose.

Same city that continues to boo one of the greatest players ever in his sport who also requested a trade from Pittsburgh because the team could no longer afford him and was becoming non competitive: Jaromir Jagr!
Bobster21

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by Bobster21 »

022423363F3324323A510 wrote: liar and quitter my hind end.

Asking for a trade doesn't make him a liar or a quitter. It's hard to find any athlete who doesn't say the right thing about being happy where he is, yet would take a better situation if one was available. It's up to BC as to whether Reynolds gets dealt. If he isn't, he'll be in the Bucs lineup in 2023. That's not quitting.

You claim "His defensive play is awful." That's nonsense. You seem to want to compare him to Hayes. Neither was lights out driving in runs. Reynolds was .229 with RISP, Hayes was a similar .227.

You say, "Reynolds gets a free pass for everything he does and doesn't do." Where's, the free pass? Most if not all have expressed that it was a disappointing year for Reynolds even though many players would be happy with .262/.345/.461/.807 and 27 HRs. He dug a hole for himself with a slow start and was hitting just .216 as of June 8. But he was a very respectable .287 the rest of the season.

You say, "Hayes throws some seeds in his mouth, and he's vilified for life. Real fair and balanced around here." Hayes took a play off and ate while a runner ran past him at 3B with the ball in play. That's an on field conduct issue, not a performance issue. "Vilified for life" is hyperbole, but it is an incident he'll be known for and want to live down. I'm not aware of any on field conduct issues with Reynolds. So what was there to be given a free pass about? There's a huge difference between standing around and snacking in the middle of a play and failing to drive in a run. Comparing the 2 players on driving in runs from 3B vs standing around and eating during a play is hardly "fair and balanced."
GreenWeenie

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by GreenWeenie »

Thank you, Bobster. You express it very well.

This is a moment of truth. What transpires here says a lot about our chances to improve to where we want to get.
3pirates3

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by 3pirates3 »

"The Blue Jays are a team to watch in the Bryan Reynolds market. They have interest in him and want to add an athletic switch hitter to their outfield. Based on strong industry interest, Jays would likely need to include Tiedemann or Martínez to have high offer." - Morosi

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/15 ... 5885814784
Surgnbuck

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by Surgnbuck »

Two players as I was looking at other things, to consider Reynolds value.

Harrison Bader is similar in that he took a two year deal to avoid arbitration for two years, at 4.7 million each plus a 1 million signing bonus. Reynolds has outplayed him, and makes more.

Next guy is Luis Robert from the White Sox. He did a 6 year/50 million deal, with club options for 26/27 for 20 million or 2 million buyout. He also had a 26 million signing bonus coming from Cuba. Reynolds has outplayed him too over 20-22, but not by much.

It will be interesting to see where Bader and Reynolds go from here. Bader is a FA after this season, Reynolds still has ARB 3 and 4. Knowing what Robert makes, and all three of them primarily centerfielders, I'd really love to know the figures exchanged with Reynolds. It would come as no surprise to me that somehow or another, Robert and Bader and probably a couple of other mid tier CF's were in comparison. But we'll never know.

Robert is in the heavy lifting part of his contract, 9.5/12.5/15 million for 23-25, plus a guaranteed 2 million buyout in 26. He's three years younger than Reynolds.

A similar contract like this would be Reynold's Arb 3, Arb 4, and 1 year of FA on a three year extension. Would a 3/37 extension be a good contract for Reynolds? And if reports are true, that he is seeking an "8 figure" contract, can you even see that happening? In no world do I see Bryan Reynolds making over 100 million, unless it's a 10 year contract.

So tune in next winter, if Reynolds hasn't been extended by SOMEONE, let's see what Harrison Bader brings in. BTW, he's a year older than Reynolds.
Ecbucs

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by Ecbucs »

062027323B3720363E550 wrote: Two players as I was looking at other things, to consider Reynolds value.

Harrison Bader is similar in that he took a two year deal to avoid arbitration for two years, at 4.7 million each plus a 1 million signing bonus. Reynolds has outplayed him, and makes more.

Next guy is Luis Robert from the White Sox. He did a 6 year/50 million deal, with club options for 26/27 for 20 million or 2 million buyout. He also had a 26 million signing bonus coming from Cuba. Reynolds has outplayed him too over 20-22, but not by much.

It will be interesting to see where Bader and Reynolds go from here. Bader is a FA after this season, Reynolds still has ARB 3 and 4.  Knowing what Robert makes, and all three of them primarily centerfielders, I'd really love to know the figures exchanged with Reynolds.  It would come as no surprise to me that somehow or another, Robert and Bader and probably a couple of other mid tier CF's were in comparison. But we'll never know.

Robert is in the heavy lifting part of his contract, 9.5/12.5/15 million for 23-25, plus a guaranteed 2 million buyout in 26. He's three years younger than Reynolds.

A similar contract like this would be Reynold's Arb 3, Arb 4, and 1 year of FA on a three year extension. Would a 3/37 extension be a good contract for Reynolds? And if reports are true, that he is seeking an "8 figure" contract, can you even see that happening? In no world do I see Bryan Reynolds making over 100 million, unless it's a 10 year contract.

So tune in next winter, if Reynolds hasn't been extended by SOMEONE, let's see what Harrison Bader brings in. BTW, he's a year older than Reynolds.

I don't think Harrison Bader is comparable at all other than he plays centerfield. Lifetime average of 245, lifetime slugging of 405, compared to 281 and 481 for Reynolds.

Reynolds might go for a Robert contract though. three years would only buy out one year of free agency if it started after this season. I guess a lot depends on how soon Reynolds wants to get a long term contract or whether he is willing to go to arbitration a couple more times. If he repeats last season he would certainly get over 10 million in 2024.
Surgnbuck

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by Surgnbuck »

I was using Bader and Robert simply because of where their contracts compare, they're all CF's.

Bader is a superior defender, and he isn't exactly a whiff at the bat. He's a FA next season, so I think it is fair to compare because what he is able to command starts the ballpark for what Reynolds could be looking at. Of course, it's a two year difference, unless there's an extension with a year or two buyout of FA.

I like looking at Robert, and I think that's more the ballpark Reynolds will land.
Bobster21

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by Bobster21 »

05232431383423353D560 wrote: I was using Bader and Robert simply because of where their contracts compare, they're all CF's.

Bader is a superior defender, and he isn't exactly a whiff at the bat. He's a FA next season, so I think it is fair to compare because  what he is able to command starts the ballpark for what Reynolds could be looking at. Of course, it's a two year difference, unless there's an extension with a year or two buyout of FA.

I like looking at Robert, and I think that's more the ballpark Reynolds will land.
Luis Robert is very talented but has never been able to stay healthy. After an injury shortened 2021, the White Sox had high hopes for him in 2022. But the same thing happened. In 2021 it was a torn hip flexor. In 2022 it was a hand/wrist injury blurred vision and a groin injury. If he could ever stay healthy, his skill set is similar to Reynolds. But he seems to have a body that can't stand up to the rigors of baseball. I think the Sox would make that deal in a heartbeat because Reynolds is everything they thought they had in Robert if he could stay on the field. But it would be very risky for the Pirates.
ChillinStation

Reynolds Requests Trade

Post by ChillinStation »

286B72697A6F7E68281B0 wrote: "The Blue Jays are a team to watch in the Bryan Reynolds market. They have interest in him and want to add an athletic switch hitter to their outfield. Based on strong industry interest, Jays would likely need to include Tiedemann or Martínez to have high offer." - Moro

I like the fat catcher the Jays have,they need to add him to any trade.

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/15 ... 5885814784