Pirate morale to improve because Cutch is gone

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SpeedyG

Post by SpeedyG »

547974656273642427160 wrote: "The last few years had shown some petulant reactions to the game:  temper tantrums, rolling eyes at umps, showing off in public venues (pregame dance routines, pushups after brushbacks, electric slides at 2B, etc).  Add in the famous “this is my spot” exclamation in center field after Marte’s suspension (Cutch you’ve been graded the worst center fielder defensively basically EVERY year)."

This looks like fake news to me. Trying to make a story where there is no story. Temper tantrums? How many career ejections? One? Has there ever been a player who hasn't on occasion rolled his eyes at a questionable call? Wow, did he do a good natured pushup while on the ground after falling away from a close pitch? Maybe he should have charged the mound. I don't approve of the pregame dugout dancing but I get that it's him and several other players relaxing and having fun before the game starts. Not exactly as if Cutch wanted everyone to stop what they were doing and watch him. I don't know what the "electric slide at 2B" means. And I'd love to know what the "etc" is because I think it means the writer couldn't come up with anything else so he intimated that there was more--just take his word for it.

Yeah, totally fake news. Nobody thought anything negative about any of that stuff at the time and nobody should think anything negative about it now. The pushup and the "electric slide" were Cutch having a personality on the baseball field that in no way detracted from the "sanctity of the game" or anything like that.

The electric slide, I assume, was that little shimmy he did back to second base during a game last year or the year before. Instead of just walking back after the pitch was thrown and taken for a ball or fouled off, he shimmied his feet back to the bag. I remember John Wehner thinking it was pretty funny at the time.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

70534646475A64230 wrote: "The last few years had shown some petulant reactions to the game:  temper tantrums, rolling eyes at umps, showing off in public venues (pregame dance routines, pushups after brushbacks, electric slides at 2B, etc).  Add in the famous “this is my spot” exclamation in center field after Marte’s suspension (Cutch you’ve been graded the worst center fielder defensively basically EVERY year)."

This looks like fake news to me. Trying to make a story where there is no story. Temper tantrums? How many career ejections? One? Has there ever been a player who hasn't on occasion rolled his eyes at a questionable call? Wow, did he do a good natured pushup while on the ground after falling away from a close pitch? Maybe he should have charged the mound. I don't approve of the pregame dugout dancing but I get that it's him and several other players relaxing and having fun before the game starts. Not exactly as if Cutch wanted everyone to stop what they were doing and watch him. I don't know what the "electric slide at 2B" means. And I'd love to know what the "etc" is because I think it means the writer couldn't come up with anything else so he intimated that there was more--just take his word for it.

Yeah, totally fake news. Nobody thought anything negative about any of that stuff at the time and nobody should think anything negative about it now. The pushup and the "electric slide" were Cutch having a personality on the baseball field that in no way detracted from the "sanctity of the game" or anything like that.

The electric slide, I assume, was that little shimmy he did back to second base during a game last year or the year before. Instead of just walking back after the pitch was thrown and taken for a ball or fouled off, he shimmied his feet back to the bag. I remember John Wehner thinking it was pretty funny at the time.

There's a line for me. I hated the zoltan thing, and am not too fond of the outfield thing they do after a win. I don't think it made morale problems though. I just think it's dumb.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

05373B3B2F1D3E373A3F3037560 wrote: "The last few years had shown some petulant reactions to the game:  temper tantrums, rolling eyes at umps, showing off in public venues (pregame dance routines, pushups after brushbacks, electric slides at 2B, etc).  Add in the famous “this is my spot” exclamation in center field after Marte’s suspension (Cutch you’ve been graded the worst center fielder defensively basically EVERY year)."

There's a line for me.  I hated the zoltan thing, and am not too fond of the outfield thing they do after a win.  I don't think it made morale problems though.  I just think it's dumb.

Inquiring minds want to know:

What do you think of high fives?
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Ha, that's fine. I'm not THAT curmudgeonly.

(At least not yet. Give me time though I'm not that old.)
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

44767A7A6E5C7F767B7E7176170 wrote: Ha, that's fine.  I'm not THAT curmudgeonly. 

(At least not yet.  Give me time though I'm not that old.)

good news, I was going to call you a curmudgeon if you answered yes..
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

OFF MY LAWN!!!
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

6B5955554173505954515E59380 wrote: Ha, that's fine.  I'm not THAT curmudgeonly. 

(At least not yet.  Give me time though I'm not that old.)

I'm older than dirt and I wonder what happened to the good old friendly and manly handshake? ::) ::)